Sponsored by:

MG Studio / A Point of View Research

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 06:16 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Default MG Studio / A Point of View Research

Has anyone attended a marketing event described as a market survey for future Porsche vehicle development with MG Studio / A Point of View Research?

I'm scheduled for Friday however, I noticed from the email invitation cell phones are not permitted which may be entirely harmless and in place for obvious reasons. However, I generally do not part ways with my cell phone, especially in DTLA.

The initial contact was after I had completed a Porsche survey so I believe everything is legit notwithstanding their $300 offer to attend which normally would be a red flag and, isn't the motivating reason I planned to attend but, rather my interest to see what photos or concept vehicles may actually be present to check out. They have mixed reviews online and, any insight would be appreciated as I decide whether to attend or not.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/a-point-of-...arch-santa-ana
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mg-studio-los-angeles

They ask attendees to bring registration or proof of insurance and, Driver's License. I'm not bringing registration that has my address which is an invitation for a burglary or home invasion but, should be able to use a proof of insurance that doesn't have sensitive information. I may end up bringing a copy with VIN number blotted. Same thing with my driver's license, may blot out most of that out as well.

Hell, I should probably just skip the event. A third party company that is not Porsche having my telephone number and email address is more than enough personal information as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hfm; 07-22-2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old Today, 06:12 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Has anyone attended a marketing event described as a market survey for future Porsche vehicle development with MG Studio / A Point of View Research?

I'm scheduled for Friday however, I noticed from the email invitation cell phones are not permitted which may be entirely harmless and in place for obvious reasons. However, I generally do not part ways with my cell phone, especially in DTLA.

The initial contact was after I had completed a Porsche survey so I believe everything is legit notwithstanding their $300 offer to attend which normally would be a red flag and, isn't the motivating reason I planned to attend but, rather my interest to see what photos or concept vehicles may actually be present to check out. They have mixed reviews online and, any insight would be appreciated as I decide whether to attend or not.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/a-point-of-...arch-santa-ana
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mg-studio-los-angeles

They ask attendees to bring registration or proof of insurance and, Driver's License. I'm not bringing registration that has my address which is an invitation for a burglary or home invasion but, should be able to use a proof of insurance that doesn't have sensitive information. I may end up bringing a copy with VIN number blotted. Same thing with my driver's license, may blot out most of that out as well.

Hell, I should probably just skip the event. A third party company that is not Porsche having my telephone number and email address is more than enough personal information as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks in advance.
The venue was fine for anyone planning to attend. Lockers secure. Left phone in car. Handed drivers license and proof of insurance. Going to need to update license with PO Box. Metal detectors but passed security after beeping and advisement I had metal on the body. NDA and interesting stuff checked out but tiring, not sure I’d do again. DTLA sure has gotten worse.

Quick Reply: MG Studio / A Point of View Research