Sponsored by:

Battery declined so fact so suddenly

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:13 PM
UJUGOGO
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery declined so fact so suddenly

I have a 2020 Turbo, and recently the battery has been draining way too quickly.

My current mileage is around 18k, and if I charge it up to 80%, even without using the car at all, the battery level drops by about 5% per day. Normally for my daily commute, it used to drain around 8% ( around 17miles) , but now for the exact same distance and time, the battery usage has suddenly increased to around 15%.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

I live in Southern California and park the car in a garage, so I don't think temperature differences would be a major factor. Please let me know if you need any other details or have any suggestions on what could be causing this rapid battery drain.

In addition to the above...today when I got to work and got out of my car, I parked it with 33% battery (80 miles of range) remaining. However, 4 hours later, the battery level had dropped to 26% (57 miles of range). This situation seems to have been occurring for about 2 weeks.

Last edited by UJUGOGO; 04-15-2024 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:17 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 109 Posts

Most likely your chassis is continually charged and it won't turn off. Drain the battery to under 20% let it sit overnight then charge back to 100%. I would make a service appointment and due this prior to brining it in. You will most likely need the battery replaced or cell packs replaced.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:18 PM
flygdchman
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Please report on the outcome of this.

Quick Reply: Battery declined so fact so suddenly