Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Taycan (https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan-241/)
-   -   Taycan as a daily driver (https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan/1271804-taycan-as-a-daily-driver.html)

walls99 10-08-2021 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ggreg911 (Post 17714186)
Taycan CT is a fantastic DD. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Originally Posted by pokingaround (Post 17714263)
When you say you tried the 14-way seats, was that in a Taycan? I only ask because you mentioned concern about your size. I'm slightly smaller than you and couldn't get past the relationship between the B-pillar and the driver seat. In terms of getting in and out of the car, I found it untenable. I know lots of people feel differently obviously, and I absolutely love the car in general (would've ordered a CT to replace my Panamera Sport Turismo in fact) but really hated this. YMMV.

TL;DR - seat choice notwithstanding, make sure you get in and out of a Taycan a bunch of times

Thanks both for the feedback.

Yes, I tried the Taycan with the 14 way seats. Took me a while to adjust the seat position, height etc to get into a comfortable spot. You are spot on about the experience of getting in and out of the Taycan. It is really a pain, for me, my wife and my kids no matter if its the front or back. When I get out of the drivers seat, I have to bend my head, and while my right leg is hitting the steering wheel. my left side is hitting the B-pillar. Every time I get in and out, the car reminds me that I am not in shape, lol. But, having never having to get in and out of a Porsche sports car before, I shrugged it off as, this is may be how all Porsches are. The Panamara was like any other car. Once I got in though, it was a very comfortable experience, to sit and to drive and to ride in the passenger seat. One thing that I noticed is, with the way I sit, I feel like something is resting/pressing against on my shoulder blades or right around that area on my back, so I have to adjust a little lower in the seat to not have that feeling.

cometguy 10-08-2021 05:17 PM

The Panamera has suffered notoriously from air-suspension failures over the last decade; my first Panamera had issues with the air suspension.
I wonder if the Taycan's air suspension will be any more reliable...

daveo4porsche 10-08-2021 05:45 PM

Question

Taycan as a daily driver?
Answer: Yes, it's great - move on.

next question.

az2au 10-09-2021 01:19 AM

The Taycan is by far the best daily driver out of all of the Porsches I've owned. It really isn't even remotely close. It is my 14th Porsche and I've had everything from a base Cayman to a Macan GTS to a Cayenne GTS to a 911 GT3 RS. The Taycan Turbo wins in virtually everything. I keep thinking I'll buy a 718 GT4 or a crazy GT2 RS for a fun weekend car. I'll start the search and then I'll run out of steam because I just don't think I'd choose to ever drive it regularly over the Taycan.

pokingaround 10-09-2021 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by walls99 (Post 17714313)
Thanks both for the feedback.

Yes, I tried the Taycan with the 14 way seats. Took me a while to adjust the seat position, height etc to get into a comfortable spot. You are spot on about the experience of getting in and out of the Taycan. It is really a pain, for me, my wife and my kids no matter if its the front or back. When I get out of the drivers seat, I have to bend my head, and while my right leg is hitting the steering wheel. my left side is hitting the B-pillar. Every time I get in and out, the car reminds me that I am not in shape, lol. But, having never having to get in and out of a Porsche sports car before, I shrugged it off as, this is may be how all Porsches are. The Panamara was like any other car. Once I got in though, it was a very comfortable experience, to sit and to drive and to ride in the passenger seat. One thing that I noticed is, with the way I sit, I feel like something is resting/pressing against on my shoulder blades or right around that area on my back, so I have to adjust a little lower in the seat to not have that feeling.

Heh. Based on your answer I'm surprised you're not considering a Panamera Sport Turismo. You could always go the e-Hybrid route if that's important to you. But it definitely solves the ingress/egress issues, front and back. The Panamera is *just* larger enough to make a difference in that regard.

No hate here. I *really* wanted to order a CT to replace my Panamera but couldn't get past this.

mcipseric 10-09-2021 12:19 PM

The CT is the nicest, most comfortable car I have ever owned!
I choose every option for comfort and technology.

I call it my Sanctuary of Serenity!

walls99 10-09-2021 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pokingaround (Post 17715599)
Heh. Based on your answer I'm surprised you're not considering a Panamera Sport Turismo. You could always go the e-Hybrid route if that's important to you. But it definitely solves the ingress/egress issues, front and back. The Panamera is *just* larger enough to make a difference in that regard.

No hate here. I *really* wanted to order a CT to replace my Panamera but couldn't get past this.

I get where you are coming from, from an ingress/egress perspective. But what I am looking for is an electric car. Otherwise I would be all over the Panamara. Thanks.

pokingaround 10-11-2021 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by walls99 (Post 17715969)
I get where you are coming from, from an ingress/egress perspective. But what I am looking for is an electric car. Otherwise I would be all over the Panamara. Thanks.

Yup totally get it. Settled on a Model Y myself as a stop gap while things shake out in the EV market a little longer. Also have a Rivian R1S on order. I'd love an electric Cayenne though I gather Porsche will roll out the EV Macan first.

XLR82XS 10-11-2021 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by pokingaround (Post 17718955)
I'd love an electric Cayenne though I gather Porsche will roll out the EV Macan first.

They are: Macan EV next fall.

Archimedes 10-11-2021 04:20 PM

Strange hearing the ingress/egress comments. I don't find the front of the Taycan any more difficult to get into or out of than my M5. It's definitely not like getting into an S Class Benz, but I don't find it noticeably difficult at all. The rear seat is another story, but I'll never sit in it and others rarely will as well.

kort677 10-12-2021 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by cometguy (Post 17714553)
The Panamera has suffered notoriously from air-suspension failures over the last decade; my first Panamera had issues with the air suspension.
I wonder if the Taycan's air suspension will be any more reliable...

I'm in the 4s about 8 months, not a long time, I've had no issues with the air suspension

Needsdecaf 10-12-2021 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 17719030)
Strange hearing the ingress/egress comments. I don't find the front of the Taycan any more difficult to get into or out of than my M5. It's definitely not like getting into an S Class Benz, but I don't find it noticeably difficult at all. The rear seat is another story, but I'll never sit in it and others rarely will as well.

It depends on how big you are, and where that height is.

When I first sat in a Taycan, I had massive issues with getting in. The combo of the roof pillar, B pillar and steering wheel plus the seat creates a difficult opening to get into. I had an easier time getting in and out of my 991 that I drove down to check out the Taycan.

Over time, and with the settings for easy entry being set, I've found it easier. But it's not exactly straightforward. But then again, I'm 6'2" and have more height in my torso than average.

walls99 10-12-2021 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 17720776)
It depends on how big you are, and where that height is.

When I first sat in a Taycan, I had massive issues with getting in. The combo of the roof pillar, B pillar and steering wheel plus the seat creates a difficult opening to get into. I had an easier time getting in and out of my 991 that I drove down to check out the Taycan.

Over time, and with the settings for easy entry being set, I've found it easier. But it's not exactly straightforward. But then again, I'm 6'2" and have more height in my torso than average.

I agree. By the time I got in and out of the Taycan between multiple visits to the dealership, I got used to it after adjusting the seat to the best possible position.

muiz 01-25-2023 09:18 PM

Deleted… posted on wrong thread!

bluelines1974 01-26-2023 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by walls99 (Post 17713131)
I don't see Air Suspension as an available option on the Taycan CT 4. I found the following article that says it is standard. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...pecs-revealed/

Air suspension is standard on all Taycans except the base RWD model.