Sponsored by:

Taycan Cross Turismo 4 or 4S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 03:09 PM
andy7771
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Visceral
Unless Elon opens up Tesla Superchargers to other cars, like he's said he will. That's a 400v system.

No, I'm not naive about Elon doing anything he mentions, but it seemed interesting.
Good point. I wouldn't hold my breath on whatever Elon says though.
Also, isn't the Tesla supercharger cable too short for Taycan?
Old 10-25-2021, 03:19 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 137 Posts

It will require an adapter cable either way, I believe. If one expected to park rear-in, most L3 chargers wont reach. Nose-in, it might need 3-4 extra feet. The Tesla cable is smaller gauge wire, but the new 3rd gen cables are actually liquid cooled. Unfortunately that means that Tesla really wants to keep their cable short and the adapter cable will need to be much thicker (like the huge EA cables).
Old 09-16-2024, 03:06 PM
oregonadam
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! I was just curious to follow up on this post, since I assume by not you've had your CT4 for a few years?

How are you feeling about the decision to go w' the CT4, especially coming off a 4S sedan? I am on the verge of purchasing a pre-owned CT4, but have only been able to test drive the CT4S and a RWD 4 sedan. I found the CT4S to be insanely fun. More powerful than I need, but ... something i want BUT - the RWD 4 sedan was a bit unsatisfying and underpowered. The CT4S is really stretching my budget, so I am hoping the CT4 sits happily in the middle, with enough "punch" to be a blast to drive?

Would love to hear your perspective after a few years (I assume) of owning the CT4, as well as any others on the thread w' similar experience. thanks!
Old 09-16-2024, 10:51 PM
Psu82Eric
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

My 2024 C4T is 10 months old and I think it has all the acceleration needed for the street. It is definitely not a track car because of the size and weight, but it is a great cruiser and long trip vehicle. Have had a couple cars challenge me at stoplights and I can beat them off the line, all wheel drive and instant electric torque are fun! I will admit that I do miss the sound sometimes, I had a G37 coupe and it made a wonderful growl at full throttle. However Jay Leno said it well, all the fun on the street is between 40 and 100. Anything more and you’re going to jail.
The following users liked this post:
oregonadam (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Taycan Cross Turismo 4 or 4S?