Time to ditch the dealers!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 02:48 PM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Hansel
The price?

Cadillac is cancelling their $1800/mo subscription service already.
According to Cadillac, it was $1500/ month - https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...llac-book.html

Which is actually within a couple hundred per month of low monthly mileage lease offers on Escalade. This program seems like an easy sell - they even come swap the cars for you! Certainly cheaper than financing one or renting from Avis.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Was 1800, then 1500 it seems. Either way they cancelled it already, hence "Subscription service has not started off well."

The bmw one is like 3700 to drive M cars or 3000 to drive 911s. I'll pass.

If one is always just leasing new cars, it could make sense to them I suppose.

Last edited by Hansel; 01-08-2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: leasing sense
Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by unclewill
What do you mean? Seems like a great alternative to leasing to me. I have not explored it because I’m not interested in new ICE powered vehicles. Now, this Polestar 2....

Three things you rent, don’t buy: Ferraris, helicopters, and yachts. With a subscription you can obstensively have what you need when you want it and upgrade to new technology with a simple swap. Definitely an advantage over a conventional lease. Included insurance is also a plus. What is not to like?
You may find it appealing but in speaking to someone who works for Volvo and is a personal friend, the service has not met initial targets.

Originally Posted by Hansel
The price?

Cadillac is cancelling their $1800/mo subscription service already.
That could be it. Or people may just not be ready for it.

Also I have heard talks of allocations for this program may not have been properly set up (in Volvo's case). So it could be a number of factors. But whatever the case, it's not off to a roaring start.

Wonder how Porsche's own subscription service is going?
Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
You may find it appealing but in speaking to someone who works for Volvo and is a personal friend, the service has not met initial targets.

That could be it. Or people may just not be ready for it.

Also I have heard talks of allocations for this program may not have been properly set up (in Volvo's case). So it could be a number of factors. But whatever the case, it's not off to a roaring start.

Wonder how Porsche's own subscription service is going?
For the time being, I think it is doing okay. Even though I'm an owner of my third Porsche, I gave the Porsche service a try (I posted my thoughts in another thread on this topic). I opted for $3K/month plan, which opened the selection up through the Carrera 4S model. Initially, when I joined, they only opened the program to a limited area surrounding Atlanta and only had 50 spots. During my 3rd month on the program, I tried to get one of my friends signed and there was a waiting list. I can tell you that as of 2 months ago, all of their spots were full. Time will tell if they expand beyond Atlanta, GA.

Quick Reply: Time to ditch the dealers!?!