Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hands-on Review of Mission E Cross Turismo (in German)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM
bdoviack
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Hands-on Review of Mission E Cross Turismo (in German)

Here is a nice video of the Mission E Cross Turismo. Looks like a pretty complete car. The video is in German but shows the general design language of the Mission E Product Line

Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 PM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts

Good video, thanks for sharing, now here's hoping the taycan looks close to that
Old 11-29-2018, 10:42 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

This is surely the same concept car that was test-driven and portrayed in numerous YouTube videos last summer in California:

I don't think this appearance will go into production.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:07 PM
bdoviack
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

You're probably right that it's the same car (or maybe a similar prototype). However this time there is no engineer sitting next to the driver watching everything cautiously and you also get a glimpse of Porsche's proposed charging solution. I think they are getting close for final sign-off on all the major milestones. Now it's just a matter of fine tuning.

I believe this is how the Mission E front-end will look like although it will sit lower and not have those hood vents.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Interesting that there are two different charging ports - the J1772 30A "universal" charging port on the driver's side and the new 800V port on the passenger side. Even though the suicide doors are gone, the "standard" door configuration looks OK. Mirrors are interesting design, just wish Porsche could have convinced the various governmental agencies to let them use the camera system instead. No fake exhaust pipes on the car. Wheels look like exaggerated, vented "slim" Fuchs in some ways. I kinda like the wheels on the show cars. I hope those won't be an Exclu$iv option!

All told, I'm still looking forward to the Mission e (I still have a hard time with "Taycan"). This will be a "slog to work" car, while my '89 Targa will be a "Fall/Spring top-off" fun car.

Toby

Quick Reply: Hands-on Review of Mission E Cross Turismo (in German)