Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autoblog - Audi E-Tron GT teased...A Taycan by another name?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:21 AM
EvilTed
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

not so fast my friend. According to Audi, this is largely the production version.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...udi/e-tron-gt/

If it is....wow.
That will teach me for not reading the entirety of the internet before posting
If this is true, I agree - wow. This could be a better looking, cheaper Taycan? Would I pay more for what seems to be shaping up to be a disappointingly unadventurous design with a Porsche badge? I don't think so.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilTed
That will teach me for not reading the entirety of the internet before posting
If this is true, I agree - wow. This could be a better looking, cheaper Taycan? Would I pay more for what seems to be shaping up to be a disappointingly unadventurous design with a Porsche badge? I don't think so.
Yup, I agree. When I read this....most manufacturers don't normally say this. They typically crawfish when asked about the concept vs production.

And I agree, unless the Taycan is significantly better, my money would go here. I'm interested in seeing what the Taycan looks like and what the production version of this is.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AS
this Audi E-Tron GT Concept doesn't seem to have any door handles.
In the future, we don't need any stinking handles.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:12 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

I know Porsche and Audi have several shared platforms today (Cayenne/Q7, Macan/Q5, Panamera/A7), but most of those platforms are still very unique in terms of handling, driving style, performance, and styling. It will be interesting to see with the "skate board" setup of the Taycan/e-tron GT if they will have more in common than these typical platforms. Suspension, powertrain, electronics, etc. Do these turn out to be simply styling and interior differences?

Porsche will need a compelling reason to buy this over the Taycan.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Looks really good!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:26 PM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
Porsche will need a compelling reason to buy this over the Taycan.
Probably the same reasons a buyer would choose a Panamera over an A7. For me, the nose of Audi is just too much. Even if the front of the Taycan is busier than the Mission E, I still prefer the look of the low, sloping hood and the recessed lighting package. Audi has the benefit of leveraging all of Porsche’s work developing the J1 platform, which they had to do simultaneously with developing the styling and body of the Taycan. Personally, I like Porsche’s design language and if you look past the tape, fake headlights and tailpipes, and the unfinished front valance, the Taycan’s design will make me very happy. Not to mention the grins from the performance.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:31 PM
earl pottinger
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't you love it! I am still a dyed-in-the-wool Tesla fan, but the competition is getting hot, Hot, HOT!

In just a few years we should see some really great designs coming from all the car manufacturers.

I am sure GM is closing plants because of what it hopes to produce in BEVs the future, once we see German and Italian companies shrink the number of plants they need we should really see what is possible with new thinking.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla & Bollinger fan)
Old 12-03-2018, 06:17 PM
CJ455
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this at the LA Auto Show a few days ago. Its design is amazing and I also heard that it is not too far from what they intend to release it as.. Audi did a great job on this one!
Old 12-10-2018, 05:53 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

These new models really have me wishing I had the black plastic grill contract for VW.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ455
Saw this at the LA Auto Show a few days ago. Its design is amazing and I also heard that it is not too far from what they intend to release it as.. Audi did a great job on this one!
The test drive videos last week were stunning IMO. If its priced sub $100k and has even reasonable performance, it's gonna sell like hotcakes. Makes Teslas look like a Prius, inside and out. I just hope the claim that it's 95% the production car is accurate.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The test drive videos last week were stunning IMO. If its priced sub $100k and has even reasonable performance, it's gonna sell like hotcakes. Makes Teslas look like a Prius, inside and out. I just hope the claim that it's 95% the production car is accurate.
The videos all sucked.

But the car was FIRE!!!!

Quick Reply: Autoblog - Audi E-Tron GT teased...A Taycan by another name?