Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

taycan spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Latest vid of the Taycan. I won't be surprised if the final product is close to what's shown in the video.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 AM
earl pottinger
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

So what did you think of the design?

One thing I got from the video was not whether the car is the best or if it was the fastest. But rather the handling was exactly like you would expect a Porsche to handle. It sounds to me that a person who already is in love with Porsche cars will find this a easy car to slip into.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla, Bollinger, Rivian and other BEVs fan)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by earl pottinger
So what did you think of the design?

One thing I got from the video was not whether the car is the best or if it was the fastest. But rather the handling was exactly like you would expect a Porsche to handle. It sounds to me that a person who already is in love with Porsche cars will find this a easy car to slip into.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla, Bollinger, Rivian and other BEVs fan)
As I've posted before, I'm not entirely happy if this is the final design. I did at one point imagine that the car will have the curvature of the mission-e concept. Maybe its too early to tell. Regarding the comments in video, I'm not surprised to hear about the power band given this is what you expect with instant torque in electric cars. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and how this model will do in the EV space.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:26 PM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
As I've posted before, I'm not entirely happy if this is the final design. I did at one point imagine that the car will have the curvature of the mission-e concept. Maybe its too early to tell. Regarding the comments in video, I'm not surprised to hear about the power band given this is what you expect with instant torque in electric cars. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and how this model will do in the EV space.
I had been holding out hope, but have to concede and agree that the mules are likely very close to production bodywork. While not as sexy as the concept, I’m still super excited and can’t wait for ordering details. An EV is in my future and I’d much rather spend my hard earned with Porsche for an EV.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cluster_fsck

I had been holding out hope, but have to concede and agree that the mules are likely very close to production bodywork. While not as sexy as the concept, I’m still super excited and can’t wait for ordering details. An EV is in my future and I’d much rather spend my hard earned with Porsche for an EV.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited too. This might be the first EV that my wife and I will buy:-)
Old 01-17-2019, 11:56 AM
drewzMMM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest vid of the Taycan. I won't be surprised if the final product is close to what's shown in the video.
I disagree - that can't be it. That is truly a bad looking car, and the interior of that car is awful - nothing like the cutting-edge technology that has been discussed. It doesn't even look at high tech as the latest Panamera. Porsche would lose every deposit if the POS mules was the final design.

How about the latest video where they explain the pronunciation of Taycan?
You'll see side mirrors and everything on that car, and the lines are very different from those mules. That looks more like what the final design will end up being...
Old 01-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drewzMMM
I disagree - that can't be it. That is truly a bad looking car, and the interior of that car is awful - nothing like the cutting-edge technology that has been discussed. It doesn't even look at high tech as the latest Panamera. Porsche would lose every deposit if the POS mules was the final design.

How about the latest video where they explain the pronunciation of Taycan?
You'll see side mirrors and everything on that car, and the lines are very different from those mules. That looks more like what the final design will end up being...
I can't comment on the interior, because it is nearly completely covered by cloth, which is no different tactic than any other test car/mules that you typically see. Take a look at previous spy shots of the 992......
However, I'm looking forward to the final product.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:59 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ugh

My guess is that what we see in the mules is pretty much it. I'm not expecting the same curves and broad rear, hip appearance as the mission-e. I could be wrong and could very well be surprised.......
Ugh - the side/ back end looks like a crappy Dodge Charger or some other nonsense. I'm not happy about that at all. If they made that mule that they showed in NYC, then I'd be all over that in a flash. I want that to be my commuter car so badly, so I can make the GT3 track only.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Ugh - the side/ back end looks like a crappy Dodge Charger or some other nonsense. I'm not happy about that at all. If they made that mule that they showed in NYC, then I'd be all over that in a flash. I want that to be my commuter car so badly, so I can make the GT3 track only.
I hear ya. I'm still hoping that Porsche will surprise us with a final product close to the concept.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:00 PM
bdoviack
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Here are some new spy shots of the Taycan in Norway from Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...n_norway_they/

Direct Images below
https://imgur.com/a/ykqEHho
Old 02-07-2019, 03:06 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,616 Likes on 1,768 Posts

interesting about the Macan appearing to help out - I wonder if they had to "jump start" the Taycan's 12 volt battery system in the cold - or if the Taycan was helping the Macan - I'd love to know what the hoods were up for - there were clearly some issues and the Macan support vehicle was earning it's money

I've had to jump start my Chevy Bolt twice in 2 years when the 12 volt battery was dead - no 12 volt = no main battery relay switch power = dead Chevy Bolt

I still find it funny/depressing/ironic that you still need to jump start a electric car with no starter and 60-100 kWh of electricity on tap - but the fact that the 12 volt battery is dead means the safety switches can't be dis-engaged - it's ROFL IMHO…
Old 02-07-2019, 04:54 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm bored by the lines on the test mule. I have a bad feeling that they are not going anywhere near the concept car in terms of overall shape.

It absolutely will be what the production car looks like. You can see they're just putting some bits on the front lights and rear. But otherwise, that'll be it. It's exactly what they did with the 992 test mules.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:38 PM
BlatantSpeed
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another spy shot of the trunk and charging port. From: https://electrek.co/2019/02/11/porsc...ted-prototype/

Old 02-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Wonder if Porsche cold weather tested that charge port. LOL.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Wonder if Porsche cold weather tested that charge port. LOL.
Yeah, just go and read some of the recent posts on the Panny 4 e-hybrid thread. Sounds like they don't have that charging port worked out for cold weather, so hope the engineers went back to the drawing board for the Taycan.

Quick Reply: taycan spy shots