Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word when the configurator goes live?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 04:02 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any word when the configurator goes live?

Has anyone heard when the Taycan configurator goes live? I realize we're still at least a year away from launch, but I was hoping the configurator would be available to play around with in the mean time.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:36 PM
drewzMMM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I check the website every day hoping to be surprised that it is available. A year may be a bit too far in advance. Not sure if they even have the body styling finalized yet. Also, I think they are still trying to get the side-view camera approved in the US as a substitution for mirrors. That little tweak would change what is being configured.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:49 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I asked this to my dealer recently. Short answer was that they have not even seen a production car yet (not even a mock-up) and training dates for the reps on the car have not even been announced. My guess is that we’re quite a few months out before seeing one.......
Old 09-29-2018, 08:40 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 4,951 Likes on 1,913 Posts

I also talked to my dealer Friday 9/28 and he said that he had no idea when the configurator would go live. He also volunteered that there would be no cars until December of 2019 at the earliest.

He has me on the list to call when he hears developments...
Old 09-29-2018, 11:01 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

My guess is they will introduce the Taycan at Frankfurt or Paris next year (about 10-12 months from now). The configurator will go live shortly after.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:04 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 928 GT R
I also talked to my dealer Friday 9/28 and he said that he had no idea when the configurator would go live. He also volunteered that there would be no cars until December of 2019 at the earliest.

He has me on the list to call when he hears developments...

Dealers are the absolute last to know when a car will become available. The main reason is Porsche wants them to concentrate on selling cars that exist.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:57 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 4,951 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by umwolverine
Dealers are the absolute last to know when a car will become available. The main reason is Porsche wants them to concentrate on selling cars that exist.
Interesting - The Fred Lavery dealership is quite comfortable talking about the Taycan and quite interested in cultivating relationships with customers that have brand loyalty.

Their sales staff goes to quite a bit of training and is exceptionally knowledgeable. But other dealerships in Michigan are as you assert, only interested in todays sale.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:53 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm a pre-owned vehicle type of guy but am seriously considering ordering a Taycan. Our local dealership is taking $2500 refundable deposits on the 2020/2021 Taycans but with no promised delivery date, no specified powerplant, battery, color or other features. They say that it's refundable for any reason up until the "freeze date," but they don't say what the freeze date is (and Winter is Coming). They treated me right on warranty work on my CPO CTT so I've got nothing but a positive experience with these guys. It doesn't seem possible to negotiate for a vehicle with so many unknowns. Any advice?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:53 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
They say that it's refundable for any reason up until the "freeze date," but they don't say what the freeze date is (and Winter is Coming).
I believe freeze date is quite a bit in the future, e.g. 2019 sometime before these actually go into production. So gives you a long time to consider whether you want to move forward if you do put deposit down, at which point a lot more info will be available including configurator, pricing, etc. But does reserve your spot in line.

I have a pretty good relationship with my local dealership, both my SA and the GM of the dealership. While they can't promise anything obviously and info subject to change, it sounds like first deliveries will happen end of 2019 though unclear how many cars that'll be, whether US will get cars simultaneously with EU, etc.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:22 PM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I also talked to my dealer Friday 9/28 and he said that he had no idea when the configurator would go live. He also volunteered that there would be no cars until December of 2019 at the earliest..
From what my SA told me yesterday, December 2019 at the earliest is correct. However, any deposits taken from this point forward you're looking at 4 years before your car is available!! In other words Porsche Taycan is sold out until December 2023!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DannieK
However, any deposits taken from this point forward you're looking at 4 years before your car is available!! In other words Porsche Taycan is sold out until December 2023!
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 AM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Interesting - The Fred Lavery dealership is quite comfortable talking about the Taycan and quite interested in cultivating relationships with customers that have brand loyalty.

Their sales staff goes to quite a bit of training and is exceptionally knowledgeable. But other dealerships in Michigan are as you assert, only interested in todays sale.
Absolutely they will talk about the Taycan. But if you think about it from Porsche's perspective, the dealerships will only know about availability when everyone else does. If a customer knows specifically when a new car will become available, they become less likely to buy an existing model.

Quick Reply: Any word when the configurator goes live?