Sponsored by:

Just got my deposit back...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:45 PM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by usafakid09
I put a deposit on the E-tron. I don't need two sports cars. And since I am moving to Colorado in April, I think the E-Tron will be better suited to take me snowboarding (hopefully). E-Tron looks nice but we will see how this roll out goes. I hope it's not like the I-Pace. I was going to get one since I am in LA at the moment and got the same response as daveo4porsche. So I went with a Fuel Cell to get my carpool sticker. I just hope Colorado keeps that $5k rebate for next year.
95kwh battery will give you plenty of range for mountain day trips. Remember you will “refill the tank” on the way back down. My 500e picks up 10% charge down Little Cottonwood Canyon from Alta to SLC.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:10 AM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by whiz944
Yet another reason why dealers suck.
In their defense they were very professional and treated me with respect. I think there is a limited supply of cars from Porsche in general and a lot of speculators out there. Plus my wife wants a Model S!
Old 09-21-2018, 10:26 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I am - need a car w/Car pool sticker in early 2019 - seems to be a Q5 w/EV drivetrain - should be a decent car to slog around in - and I have my Model X if I need to travel distance w/superchargers....
is that because of the rule change on the HOV stickers for EVs?
Old 09-21-2018, 02:06 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,616 Likes on 1,768 Posts

yes the rule change - Love the car - but a car pool sticker saves me anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours a week in commute time...so time for a car w/sticker...{sigh} I'd rather just drive the P85D for a couple more years.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:05 PM
driIve
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
yes the rule change - Love the car - but a car pool sticker saves me anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours a week in commute time...so time for a car w/sticker...{sigh} I'd rather just drive the P85D for a couple more years.
What year is your X? I have a '17 Model X with white stickers, I keep checking to see the updates from white to red (2017-current white stickers suppose to be able to convert to red) but haven't heard anything. I may just have a to buy a cheap EV in a couple months as well JUST for the red stickers.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:56 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,616 Likes on 1,768 Posts

My X is a 17, but the wife drives it and needs the 7 passengers for kids + friends....
Old 09-28-2018, 01:05 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neighbor just took delivery of a M3P. He let me take it out for a little spin... it's good, very good. The size is perfect... Model S is to big. Took 3 weeks to get if from time he ordered it.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:00 AM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Brantley
Neighbor just took delivery of a M3P. He let me take it out for a little spin... it's good, very good. The size is perfect... Model S is to big. Took 3 weeks to get if from time he ordered it.
Three weeks is amazing. Try ordering a custom-optioned car from GM or Ford and you'll likely wait at least 6-8 weeks. Though I was a 'line-waiter' on 3/31/2016, and didn't get mine until July 2018.

A friend of mine just took delivery of his TM3D today. He traded in a 20 y/o Corolla that won't pass Ca smog. I told him he'll feel like he entered a different universe.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by whiz944
Three weeks is amazing. Try ordering a custom-optioned car from GM or Ford and you'll likely wait at least 6-8 weeks.D
What about the Model 3 is ‘custom-optioned’? It’s an appliance and Tesla’s got rows and rows of them lined up in their storage lots. It just takes Tesla three weeks to deliver them, as opposed to three hours for a typical car dealer.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:06 AM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
What about the Model 3 is ‘custom-optioned’? It’s an appliance and Tesla’s got rows and rows of them lined up in their storage lots. It just takes Tesla three weeks to deliver them, as opposed to three hours for a typical car dealer.
Not a lot in the case of the Model 3. Basically color, motor config (RWD, Dual Motor, or P-Dual Motor), and wheels. White interior and Performance+ package on the P version.

Typical car dealer will try to convince you to buy either what is on his lot or might be inclined to do a swap with a nearby dealer. If that doesn't work, you are in for a 6-8 week factory order. Most folks relent and get something reasonably close to what they originally went in for.

I was talking with my across-the-back-fence neighbor yesterday. (PG&E finally did some tree work between our properties. Only took 10 years and last years Santa Rosa fire to get them to do it.) He has a Cayenne and his wife a MB. He was quite interested in my Model 3, and described to me his test drive in a friends Model S as 'incredible'...

Last edited by whiz944; 09-29-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:44 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I finally saw the Mission E concept car at Rennsport Reunion this weekend. Great looking but too large for what I’m looking for. I requested my deposit back also. I’ll keep my i3 until there is a longer range replacement for my little car.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:18 AM
earl pottinger
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

May I say as a Tesla fan I really like how all you people have very even handed discussions without making wild claims about any brand of the cars.

As it is I have a car and truck that still run fine but I know are ending the period of cheap maintenance, so next time next year I will need to buy a new vehicle or spend big bucks to keep them running. While my first choice has been a Tesla or a Bollinger, I have to keep an eye out for what others may produce next year. I have been very impressed by the I-Pace videos when they flew all those reporters in for test drives. And I can't wait for the videos of the Taycan to come out next.

I just went to an Electric Drive meeting last weekend and found I was very impressed with the interior of the KIA Soul vs what I just read - that alone has shown me that I can't just read magazines or read specs, I need to see the new cars in real life first before deciding which is the best match.

I hope a test car will show up here in Canada, Ontario soon.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla and Bollinger fan)
Old 10-01-2018, 02:20 AM
earl pottinger
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default But Size

Originally Posted by 4pipes
I finally saw the Mission E concept car at Rennsport Reunion this weekend. Great looking but too large for what I’m looking for. I requested my deposit back also. I’ll keep my i3 until there is a longer range replacement for my little car.
Aside from it's size, what did you think of it. Does it look as good as it does in the videos?

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla and Bollinger fan)
Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

It looked fantastic in person, however, the Porsche person I was talking to admitted the production version may look more conventional (Panamera).
Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4pipes
It looked fantastic in person, however, the Porsche person I was talking to admitted the production version may look more conventional (Panamera).
Yep, this is what I was told, picture a "baby Panamera". I'm still holding out hope.....we'll see.

Quick Reply: Just got my deposit back...