Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When's Your Porsche Taycan / Mission E Release Date and Price ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Rms2130
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
hhh- I 'd love to know what configuration choices are available and if pricing information is now trickling out - super! thanks.
my guess is config choices are a ways away...
Old 08-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rms2130
just confirmed with my dealer contact. In his words:
me (in text): “So just to confirm, so kind of online build bank or configurator went live today allowing you to actually enter our purchase orders into some kind of database?”
dealer: “Yes that’s correct. My GSM is putting it in today.”
Thanks for the update! My info was as of Wednesday.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

I am locked in as well, got a call a few days ago...initially asked for a deposit, but then told me it was not necessary as of yet. I was recently in Germany, Porsche is going all out on this one, and all out in general as it relates to battery power!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Just checked with my dealer, and he has confirmed I am on the internal lists that Porsche uses to determine allocations. I even have my unique identifier for my position! Still number 8 on the list! I sure hope the Taycan will be very close in looks to the blue one pictured on autobild.de (in another thread here on this forum). If so, I REALLY like it!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:49 PM
irule
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will it be presented to the world in geneva or now at frankfurt?
Old 08-27-2018, 03:55 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,616 Likes on 1,768 Posts

when I talked with Porsche last and they laid out all their plans (final design, pricing, options, product margins, performance specs, color choices announcement dates, and the full 10 year product road map) and release schedule the made me promise to keep it a secret - so I can't tell you but I wish I could.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
when I talked with Porsche last and they laid out all their plans (final design, pricing, options, product margins, performance specs, color choices announcement dates, and the full 10 year product road map) and release schedule the made me promise to keep it a secret - so I can't tell you but I wish I could.
Come on....do tell! No really, hopefully you received correct information. I have received and heard different information depending on the dealer. For example, some dealers took deposits without official confirmation of the buyer in the name bank and some dealers are not taking deposits, but securing a spot in the name bank. I would hope that consistent information is being communicated to the dealers and on to the prospective buyer, but hard to say at this stage in the game. In the meantime, I'm waiting to hear back from my local dealers for securing my spot.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:52 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I just put down my deposit today. Probably get a car in two years.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:33 PM
drewzMMM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum, just put my deposit down yesterday to secure my spot - #4 on the list. Should take delivery in the first batch when things are ready to go. I like being first. ;-)

Was going to buy the M5 Competition, but scrapped those plans and figured I'd wait a few more months for what looks to be an amazing vehicle.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
I am locked in as well, got a call a few days ago...initially asked for a deposit, but then told me it was not necessary as of yet. I was recently in Germany, Porsche is going all out on this one, and all out in general as it relates to battery power!
I went stop by my dealer Friday and this is the same for me. My rep told me there was no need to take a deposit now, but I'm on their list. I did appreciate her honesty. In case I am not one of the first, that's okay with me.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys have anything in writing that states that you will be purchasing at MSRP? I would hate to pursue this and then discover they want something over MSRP after having waited for so long.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:19 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Didn’t discuss price. If not at MSRP, I will just ask for my deposit back. By the time the Taycan is available, there will be too many alternatives on the market.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:00 PM
drewzMMM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Do you guys have anything in writing that states that you will be purchasing at MSRP? I would hate to pursue this and then discover they want something over MSRP after having waited for so long.
After putting my deposit down I was presented with a purchase contract that verified my configurable allocation build spot (#4 for my dealer) and that I will be paying MSRP - no more. I can confirm that other dealers have indicated they will charge a premium on top of MSRP to get on their allocation list in more competitive markets, which is why I shopped around.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

All they have to do is rename it GTaycan and an ADM automatically triggers...
Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
My take away is that there is no official global communication of information (i.e., US dealers to potential customers). Dealers are communicating different information depending on who you talk to....... One my of colleagues in another state was told by their dealer to place a deposit immediately, because that dealer had received over 70 deposits already. Sorry, but I just can't buy into hysteria like that at this point. After talking with my dealer, there should be ample time/availability for me to get a car when it is officially available:-)

Last edited by Ccpecot; 09-04-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: When's Your Porsche Taycan / Mission E Release Date and Price ?