RonF
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts

Deleted
Old 08-15-2018, 02:54 PM
RonF
Racer

Here you go. Believed to be the first sighting of uncamouflaged production car or mule.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats still got camoflauge panels on it.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:44 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Same old mule.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:46 PM
wogamax
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

1st gear seemed to wind up pretty quick. This is good.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:10 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by RonF
Here you go. Believed to be the first sighting of uncamouflaged production car or mule.
Uncamoflagued?
Old 08-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I was hoping that the production car will have the curvaceous front and rear fenders like the MIssion E. I'm not thinking so...... That is what attracts me to this car and helps give the appearance of the low look as well:-)
Old 08-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
I was hoping that the production car will have the curvaceous front and rear fenders like the MIssion E. I'm not thinking so...... That is what attracts me to this car and helps give the appearance of the low look as well:-)
Agreed on this. The bulging over the front wheels of the Mission E is a great visual look. The mule looks flat over the wheels unfortunately
Had such high hopes for this but its not looking promising.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:25 PM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hansel
Agreed on this. The bulging over the front wheels of the Mission E is a great visual look. The mule looks flat over the wheels unfortunately
Had such high hopes for this but its not looking promising.
The teaser marketing video for the Taycan shows the front wheel well curves. I gotta believe they’re not going to backtrack on that. I still think these mules are built to test the powertrain, suspension and electronics.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
'Less braking required' would make carbon-ceramic rotors even more of a plus, even less wear from general day-to-day use but great braking performance on top of regenerative braking when you need it (it's a heavy car after all) plus less weight, unsprung at that, to carry around all the time. Wouldn't be surprised if PCCB ends up being standard on the top model Taycan.
How about four wheel steering? Certainly much more useful, especially for a long(ish) wheelbase road car. I would choose it as an option, if it was not ridiculously priced, would you?
Old 09-13-2018, 12:40 PM
unclewill
Racer

This does not bode well for Taycan pricing:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-than-expected
Old 09-13-2018, 01:25 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by unclewill
Yep....that along with the decision to make the Taycan (and others) high production (20K/yr) models....rather than a higher-end semi-exotic....All contribute to the final product being a 'Taycan' rather than a Mission E.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by unclewill
Shocked I tell you! Seriously, I've been saying this from the very beginning. Porsche's claim that the Mission E/Taycan was going to cost $75k was a crock of shiiittte. They took a page out of Elon Musk's book "How to Lie and Influence Markets'.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:45 PM
RonF
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Shocked I tell you! Seriously, I've been saying this from the very beginning. Porsche's claim that the Mission E/Taycan was going to cost $75k was a crock of shiiittte. They took a page out of Elon Musk's book "How to Lie and Influence Markets'.
You can say that again although Tesla's "lie" is working and Porsche is still an unknown. One is on its way to ship hundreds of thousands $50K +/- sporty sedans with low-3 to high 4 sec 0-60. The other is still all talk no delivery and likely will never be able to deliver what Tesla is delivering now. Very disappointed of the company with "years of manufacturing expertise".
Old 09-13-2018, 03:50 PM
unclewill
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
So did MBZ with their new EQC that won't be available in any significant numbers for 2 more years. And Ford with the mysterious Mach I. I haven't even seen an Ipace in real life yet. Where is this Taycan? Meanwhile, a fully loaded and very fast Model 3 Performance is available right now for <$80k with free supercharging on an existing network of chargers. Big auto manufacturers are learning that you have to eat sh** for a while to break into a market where the established leader is still eating sh** (very publicly) ten years on. Now is the time to buy TSLA stock. Existing manufacturers will be no threat in the EV market for many years to come.

Quick Reply: I hope Porsche realizes that price is gonna sell these cars