Sponsored by:

Mission E / Taycan - Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:02 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I have this guy at the golf course that has a model S and he's always bragging that he can take my 911. BUT its always in the shop. Its a 50% chance he's in his second
car when he's at the course. So for that kind of money I want to drive it every day, I want to go to the track (not the drag strip a real road track), I want my car to last.
So I will stick with Porsche. His build quality just isn't what I am looking for either.
I will trust Porsche to build a MUCH better car than Tesla. So when the mission E shows up and he doesnt look like a Pany Ehybrid, I will go look at it, but as a replacment for
a summer subaru, my wife drives (we probably need the suby in the winter) But Im not putting a deposit on anything with Porsche or getting on an allocation list, not after going through those GT3 games twice now, 997 and 991.2
Well, my dealer just refunded my deposit, no explanation, I'm waiting to hear why!
Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
Well, my dealer just refunded my deposit, no explanation, I'm waiting to hear why!
If you are a PCA member there is an article on the February Porsche Panorama Magazine stating Porsche has decided the Mission E will be a mass produced car just like the Panamera is, so there will be nothing special or limited production about it. Basically if you want to have it first you get in line for a dealer's allocation, otherwise it will be available initially on AWD with a 2WD version available the following year. Also might be that your dealer was communicated they will not get any initial inventory for 2019. I also have a deposit down with a local dealer but have not heard anything from them.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am and i read it says nothing I don’t already know. WAITING for the GSM to call
Old 03-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Maury Kent
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just made a deposit today at Porsche Plano. Curious why other deposits have been refunded? I am about #30 in line at this dealership.

- Octane
Old 03-11-2018, 12:32 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I live in Frisco and curious how much Porsche Plano is asking for the deposit. I am going back in forth on waiting for the Mission E or going with the 4 e Hybrid to avoid the wait.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Maury Kent
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
I live in Frisco and curious how much Porsche Plano is asking for the deposit. I am going back in forth on waiting for the Mission E or going with the 4 e Hybrid to avoid the wait.

I put $1000 down. The timing was is a little different for me. My ZL1 warranty will be up around the time that the Mission E is being delivered.

Tough choice - but not bad either way.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:47 PM
petroldent
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed my deposit few weeks ago. I am surprised to see ppl put their deposit down more than year and a half ago. Does anyone know if this car will be a lot smaller than panamera?
Old 04-08-2018, 09:00 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Default Mission E design

Gents,
One of my childhood friends owns the Authorized Porsche Dealer for my Country of Origin. I had an exchange with him earlier today and his allocation is 10 Mission Es for the launch delivery. All with deposits down already. Per him, car will be exactly as concept photos we have all seen. Base model all the way to Turbo S and everything in between. I have my deposit down with Champion Porsche in South Florida. Looking to order the 'S' version as cannot justify a Turbo on electric. Its a 4 seater and more or less sized as the Panamera. Hopefully it meets expectations. Let's see.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:37 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Gents,
One of my childhood friends owns the Authorized Porsche Dealer for my Country of Origin. I had an exchange with him earlier today and his allocation is 10 Mission Es for the launch delivery. All with deposits down already. Per him, car will be exactly as concept photos we have all seen. Base model all the way to Turbo S and everything in between. I have my deposit down with Champion Porsche in South Florida. Looking to order the 'S' version as cannot justify a Turbo on electric. Its a 4 seater and more or less sized as the Panamera. Hopefully it meets expectations. Let's see.
I doubt that. Suicide doors included? Take those words with a grain of salt.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:36 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
I doubt that. Suicide doors included? Take those words with a grain of salt.
Forgot to clarify, minus the suicide doors. I have no reason to doubt him, he's not selling me anything as his business is in another country. That said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We can circle back into this exchange in 18 months with more data.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:43 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
.......exactly as concept photos we have all seen.....
Not to throw cold water but.....I've found that's pretty much the stock answer.
If anyone has the opportunity......the more interesting answer is the one to the question...." so, we all see the fleet of camo'd test mules online and the shots in the 2017 annual report. Is that pretty much the car? We saw that Mauer said the design of the E was now 'fixed'......so assume that's close to being it?"
Old 04-12-2018, 10:07 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 01-18-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:36 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

I am going to challenge this information. The only thing I’m going to say is the Mission E is both shorter and wider than the Panamera.
As noted: "More or Less". We can pick up the debate when the cars are out 18 months from now. If it is not as advertised I for one am out.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I guess there aren't many Panamera or Macan owners contributing to this thread, but I'll happily say that I am definitely in on getting the Cross Turismo Mission E if it gets to production in a couple years.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:26 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I guess there aren't many Panamera or Macan owners contributing to this thread, but I'll happily say that I am definitely in on getting the Cross Turismo Mission E if it gets to production in a couple years.
I'm with you on that one. Gives me plenty of time to like the style. First look was odd but the second time I really liked it.

Quick Reply: Mission E / Taycan - Deposits