Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mission E / Taycan - Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just hope it starts looking more like the concept version that had more appeal, the spy shots look like a Panamera update.

Also with the Tesla Roadster boasting Zero to 60 in 1.9 Seconds, 250-MPH Top Speed, 620-Mile Range, I certainly hope that PORSCHE has something up their sleeve to compete with this sort of performance.

I guess one can only wait back and see.....
Old 11-28-2017, 05:17 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanlabonte
We have started an allocation list but are not taking deposits yet, anyone interested lmk
I'm interested. When do you anticipate the first allocations will be released to the Dealers?
Old 11-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I just hope it starts looking more like the concept version that had more appeal, the spy shots look like a Panamera update.
That's exactly my reaction. And while I don't think the car in the spy shots is ugly, it's certainly not remotely as appealing.

It's funny, since you if you squint and look at individual aspects, the two aren't that far apart. I think it's the more aggressive nose of the concept, the more streamlined roofline, the shorter chassis, and the 911-like hips which are mostly absent from the probable production car. The funky headlights are cool but probably not essential, the typical 911 / Cayman bulbous headlights would be fine as well.

I suspect the shorter chassis is simply impossible in a production car. The rear doors in the concept extend over the wheels, and there's those suicide doors which some have argued here are a difficult engineering problem for a production car. The only way I can see retaining the car length would be if they shifted to 2 doors, making it more of a 911 competitor.

I think they could have retained the other styling cues, but elected not to. Which is really unfortunate.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:26 PM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

After putting down $1k, I'm #28 in line at Strong Porsche in Salt Lake City according to the sales rep Daniel Eastman. I was waiting for someone to release an electric with AWD and a 300 mile range and Porsche is first! The P100 Tesla will do it but the interior is too cheap for the price tag IMO. My first Porsche buying experience. Now...to buy or to lease?
Old 11-30-2017, 11:14 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Hello Rennlisters.. I am in Miami Beach, FL and my closest dealer The Collection has no idea what a Mission E is. Seriously they don't even have dealer allocations yet so cannot take deposits. If anyone here can help me with an out of state dealer or elsewhere in Florida so that I can put a deposit down and get in the cue it would be great. Any leads will be appreciated or if anyone wants to back out of their wait list turn please contact me and let me know. If everything goes as planned this E Porsche will leave Tesla in the dust. My cell is (786) 266-7687 if a lead wants to call or text me. Thank you.

Julio
Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting reading ... Tesla is stealing away some customers, admits Porsche CEO https://electrek.co/2017/11/30/tesla...s-porsche-ceo/

Volkswagen has openly said before that they see Tesla has their main competitor in the transition to electric vehicles and now a Porsche executive adds that they respect the company, especially since they are apparently stealing some customers away. There’s no doubt that the Model S disrupted the large luxury sedan segment. In the US, it often outsells the Mercedes S-Class, Porsche’s Panamera, and the BMW 6/7 Series combined. several vehicles in the segment have seen their sales drop since Tesla entered the market. When asked about Tesla’s impact, Porsche North America CEO Klaus Zellmer told CNBC in an interview this week:

“We have lots of respect for Tesla – and, yes, I’m sure there are some Porsche customers, that in terms of connectivity, digital stuff in the car and electric battery in the vehicles, didn’t find the car that they wanted with Porsche so they bought somewhere else,” That’s not surprising since the only electric vehicles that Porsche currently offers are plug-in hybrids with very limited electric range. But they are changing that with the upcoming all-electric Mission E, which is expected to hit the market in 2019.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:57 AM
unclewill
Racer

Wink

Originally Posted by JAB12
Hello Rennlisters.. I am in Miami Beach, FL and my closest dealer The Collection has no idea what a Mission E is. Seriously they don't even have dealer allocations yet so cannot take deposits. If anyone here can help me with an out of state dealer or elsewhere in Florida so that I can put a deposit down and get in the cue it would be great. Any leads will be appreciated or if anyone wants to back out of their wait list turn please contact me and let me know. If everything goes as planned this E Porsche will leave Tesla in the dust. My cell is (786) 266-7687 if a lead wants to call or text me. Thank you.

Julio
Call Daniel Eastman at Strong Porsche Salt Lake (801) 531-9900 he will take your check and put you on their list. Watch the Jay Leno's Garage episode on the 918 if you want to see who Daniel Eastman is. Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Deposit Achieved! Stevens Creek Porsche San Jose, CA - can't wait!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:21 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Can you please send me the contact info for that dealer, I'd like to call them. Thank you.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:34 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 1,758 Posts

@JAB12 - information is in your PM inbox.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:42 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

unless the car looks more like the concept car, im out.

Right now, all i see them testing is a E Panny...
Old 12-03-2017, 10:02 AM
unclewill
Racer

The best info I've found so far is this Car magazine piece:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-new...cks-frankfurt/

The car likely will be smaller than a Panamera but larger than a 911.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:23 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Plug-In Hybrid Porsche 911 Rumored Back On https://insideevs.com/plug-hybrid-po...-rumored-back/

Porsche is allegedly returning to the idea of creating a hybrid 911 (rendered above). Anonymous insiders with knowledge of the project confirmed its existence to Automotive News. If all goes to plan, the hybrid 911 would arrive during the iconic model’s next generation but wouldn’t be available at launch. The vehicle’s arrival isn’t certain yet because the company’s engineers are still working out how to lighten the electrified powertrain enough to maintain the model’s handling while also allowing for a 40-mile (64-kilometer) electric range.

This new info fits with previous reports about Porsche’s goals for an electrified 911. “Fully electrified sports cars would work very well for longitudinal acceleration,” Porsche R&D boss Michael Steiner told Autocar earlier this year. “But the weight disadvantage is in the handling.” The company believes that solid state batteries’ energy density advantages could be the game changer. Porsche had a 911 hybrid under development in the past but abandoned the project in 2016. August Achleitner, the model’s development boss, admitted earlier this year that the extra weight and additional production expense made the vehicle unviable for production.

The company already has hybrid variants of the Cayenne and Panamera and more electrification is on the way. The Mission E is the firm’s first full EV for the public, and there’s a $743 million investment into a new assembly plant and paint shop to build it. The money is in addition to $3.5 billion going towards developing EV tech. The next-gen 911 will likely debut in 2018. Spy photos show that the exterior design doesn’t change much, but the vehicle becomes somewhat larger. Inside, there’s now a digital instrument cluster with an analog tachometer.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 AM
unclewill
Racer

Car magazine just caught the Mission E in cold weather testing:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-new...cks-frankfurt/
Old 12-10-2017, 11:25 AM
sdq7
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a far cry from the concept so far. Hopefully this changes but it doesn't look good.

Quick Reply: Mission E / Taycan - Deposits