First Production Spy Photos

Old 02-22-2018, 05:25 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by wogamax
It may be different, this time. For example, Boxster was a speedy turn-around from concept to production, with the company shooting for sales.
Well....a little chuckle here. Myself and another fella in our market put a few bucks down on the 986 after we saw the amazing Geneva prototype pics. That was 1993.
We were some of the earliest ones in our market to get that 1st gen Boxster but it was 1997.
Agree w/your comments on BMW.....but after the i8 'spaceship' they've kinda made their mark already .
Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 PM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Getting closer

Heard from my Brand Ambassodor who claimed to have seen and been in a pre-production model (not the mule) without any cladding and he said it’s basically the concept car without the suicide doors. Said It’s like an extended 911 and that the interior is “uber futuristic.” I am beyond excited about this car!
Old 03-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

If that's true and the pricing is anywhere near what they hinted, I am as well.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

+2.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by cluster_fsck
Heard from my Brand Ambassodor who claimed to have seen and been in a pre-production model (not the mule) without any cladding and he said it’s basically the concept car without the suicide doors. Said It’s like an extended 911 and that the interior is “uber futuristic.” I am beyond excited about this car!
sounds good, but brand ambassadors AKA salespeople have only one goal in mind, to sell more Porsches.
If I hear an unbiased source describe the preproduction model as looking just like the concept car (sans suicide doors), then I’ll believe it.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:30 PM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Drifting

sounds good, but brand ambassadors AKA salespeople have only one goal in mind, to sell more Porsches.
If I hear an unbiased source describe the preproduction model as looking just like the concept car (sans suicide doors), then I’ll believe it.
Stefan Weckbach, Porsche's head of battery electric vehicles,revealed that the production version of the Mission E would have to abandon the concept's use of exterior cameras rather than mirrors."The legislation currently in force would make it impossible to offer such a thing around the world in a series-production vehicle," Weckbach said, and added that the production model would have "structural" and "functional" differences from the concept version without elaborating on those differences.

The reality of regulations and daily driving are much different than a car show floor. Of course the suicide doors are DOA, as are the TV camera mirrors and 24"(?) wheels and zero sidewall tires!

This car is going to blow every other Porsche and likely every other car in production today off the road. The top engineers in all of VW Group are working on it. It is the most advanced car Porsche has ever built and it will set a new standard for Porsche, VW and the entire industry. Notice how Porsche execs who have driven the prototypes are now talking about electric 911s - previously verboten - it's that good!!!

Keep your deposits down kids, demand for these is going to be insane when they hit the streets. I've been waiting all my life to buy a brand new Porsche and I plan to camp out in the showroom until I have the keys in hand.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:32 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unclewill

This car is going to blow every other Porsche and likely every other car in production today off the road. The top engineers in all of VW Group are working on it. It is the most advanced car Porsche has ever built and it will set a new standard for Porsche,
...probably right on all of that......just hope it looks cool.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:37 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 1,757 Posts

cleaning ladies have informed me that the "infotainment" will set a whole new standard for in car controls and dash and such - I can't wait!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:59 AM
Garydose
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

A very slick concept video for the Mission E Cross Turismo.

I thought the drone was a bit overdone but perhaps the production Mission E shares some interior detail.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 AM
unclewill
Racer

HOLY SH*T IT'S A WAGON!!!
http://www.motortrend.com/news/porsc...cross-turismo/
Old 03-06-2018, 10:38 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/06/po...over-you-want/

Not very impressive........pretty 'utility'.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
unclewill
Racer

Hmmm...a nimble Porsche tuned wagon which hauls a$$, plows through all weather conditions and has room for all my crap and two dogs which uses NO GAS...
Not impressive? COOL! I'll take your order slot! : )
Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unclewill
Old 03-06-2018, 11:32 AM
beaudawg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Garydose
I thought the drone was a bit overdone
Yeah, that drone part was an odd addition to a concept vehicle reveal. Really missed an opportunity at the buzzword trifecta by not including blockchain into the video

Outside of that, I think the concept looks great (I made peace with my wagon fandom long ago), with the exception of the auxiliary lights integrated into the bonnet.
Considering this appears bound for production, I hope they provide a full paint option a'la Audi's allroad. I've never been a fan of contrasting cladding to create a rugged appearance, particularly for vehicles that will see virtually no off-road use.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

At this point I really wonder how the Macan clamshell bonnet ever made it into production.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Production Spy Photos