Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to 'reserve' an allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 05:20 PM
robziv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to 'reserve' an allocation?

I would imagine most folks checking in here have had experience with Porsche in previous purchases. I've purchased a few but don't consider myself any better prepared. I am curious to hear the best strategies for getting in line. Hopefully you'll share your secrets.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by robziv
I would imagine most folks checking in here have had experience with Porsche in previous purchases. I've purchased a few but don't consider myself any better prepared. I am curious to hear the best strategies for getting in line. Hopefully you'll share your secrets.

Very simple. Put down a deposit with your sales agent. Early deposit is key for most rare/new Porsche models.

I did, the week the mission E was announced.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:56 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Very simple. Put down a deposit with your sales agent. Early deposit is key for most rare/new Porsche models.

I did, the week the mission E was announced.
Yep. And if you're concerned, talk pricing when you make the deposit. Also, it's refundable, so not much to lose.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:53 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I checked with my dealership that I purchased from and nothing is going on. No list and no deposits. Also checked with one other dealership near by and nothing is in the works at the moment. The mission E is not a limited run and Porsche did say at one time any body that wanted one will get one. I'm sure if you are a treasured customer you can be contacted when something begins to happen. This isn't Tesla with a cult following.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
I checked with my dealership that I purchased from and nothing is going on. No list and no deposits. Also checked with one other dealership near by and nothing is in the works at the moment. The mission E is not a limited run and Porsche did say at one time any body that wanted one will get one. I'm sure if you are a treasured customer you can be contacted when something begins to happen. This isn't Tesla with a cult following.
Sure, everyone who wants one will get one, eventually.

However if you want a mission E in the first 6 months of production, I'd put down a deposit.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:11 AM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Sure, everyone who wants one will get one, eventually.

However if you want a mission E in the first 6 months of production, I'd put down a deposit.
I agree but they would not take a deposit. I will check with them again.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Not a limited car by any means....
Old 09-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

I put $1000 deposit down, that's all they would take, not limited productions just the Future of Porsche and other Automakers
I was just in Stuttgart last week at the factory, saw the big hole in the ground and work underway for the Mission-E Factory right behind the Engine Building
Old 10-01-2017, 12:28 AM
robziv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve put deposits down in the past but the closest dealer to me stopped doing that. Now they evaluate what you might have to trade in to see what they can make. However, the sales guy did say the Mission E was not going to be a limited run model and it will be mass produced. So it shouldn’t be an issue after all.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:21 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Some SA/BA's are already trying to hype this as some limited edition run.. It will be available to all!

Quick Reply: Best way to 'reserve' an allocation?