Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Spyder/Cayman R (https://rennlist.com/forums/spyder-cayman-r-265/)
-   -   Passing on the Azure... (https://rennlist.com/forums/spyder-cayman-r/651051-passing-on-the-azure.html)

mile2424 08-23-2011 01:16 AM

Passing on the Azure...

Sorry to say guys but I am passing on the Azure Spyder :( After thinking long and hard, I just can't justify giving mine up with the financial difference. I am also thinking the white/tan is still quite rare and I really do love the combo! I am thinking I may need to treat myself to the Sports Exhaust for my condolences :roflmao:

Also, I just talked with Euro Classics today and there is no backup deposit on the car, so if anyone here is in the market, go get it!

JUPJAI 08-23-2011 02:14 AM

Wise choice, I love your car the way it is.

Only1Buck 08-23-2011 02:31 AM

I saw the pictures of the Azure at Euroclassics but the combo does not work for me ... I prefer bolder colors on my cars...I am sure it will find a home...maybe the color combo is better in person and the pictures do not do it justice...

aussie jimmy 08-23-2011 04:04 AM

congrats.

Marine Blue 08-23-2011 09:27 AM

Hmmmm

I have to admit that the thought has crossd my mind to make an offer if you decided not to buy. Problem is that I absolutely love the Basalt and the Azure car isn't optioned exactly the way I would want. Still having something unique has always been an attraction for me. Not that a Basalt Spyder isn't unique enough. ;)

I think the only way I could justify buying it is if someone made a really good offer on my Basalt and the discount on the Azur car was reasonable. That might be a tall order.

Only1Buck 08-23-2011 09:30 AM

@ Marine Blue

The stars would have to align for that to happen.

I am curious to see the color in person. If the car is still available after Labor Day I may take a road trip...will see

Marine Blue 08-23-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Only1Buck (Post 8811873)
@ Marine Blue

The stars would have to align for that to happen.

I am curious to see the color in person. If the car is still available after Labor Day I may take a road trip...will see

The issue is that Azure isn't the color I would have picked if I was going to pay a premium for PTS. I wanted a mid level shade of metallic blue with black interior which is more subtle. I know that if Azure was a standard color option I wouldn't have picked it over Basalt so really I would be paying a premium just for the fact that it's unique. I also realized long ago that any premium paid for PTS is strictly for my benefit only. Not worth it unless the stars align!:D

Let me know what you think if you do go look at it.

mile2424 08-23-2011 12:04 PM

If anyone is interested in the Azure, give Joe Norris a call at Euro Classics. He has been the most pleasant sales person I have dealt with.

And if it helps, he was offering me $1500 off MSRP.

Only1Buck 08-23-2011 05:46 PM

Agreed on Joe Norris comments

rubber_ducky 08-24-2011 12:35 PM

If the car was a PDK car, I'd be all over it. I'm sure it'll sell in no time.