Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

97 SPB For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:35 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Thanks for the kind words guys, except from Bela at EPS, who tells me i'm giving it away...
That's what everyone else seems to be kindly telling you, too.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
That's what everyone else seems to be kindly telling you, too.

It's not that I hate money, I just want the band-aid to be ripped off quick.. unfortunately it's already taken too long.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

After going back/forth this weekend on selling/not selling, being both lowballed and ignored by people with "great interest", the car is still for sale. If you don't feel this car is worth $28k please do not contact me. If you are bored and just like collecting pictures and wasting people's time, please call someone else. This car can't be built, even DIY, for much under $40k with all the extras it was built with. IF you want to get into SPB and have a competitive car from day 1 at a bargain price that is ready to race tomorrow feel free to contact me.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:19 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

After going back/forth this weekend on selling/not selling, being both lowballed and ignored by people with "great interest", the car is still for sale. If you don't feel this car is worth $28k please do not contact me. If you are bored and just like collecting pictures and wasting people's time, please call someone else. This car can't be built, even DIY, for much under $40k with all the extras it was built with. IF you want to get into SPB and have a competitive car from day 1 at a bargain price that is ready to race tomorrow feel free to contact me.
Gary, u have a great car. don't take it personally. its just the process. ive bought and sold many cars, its a capricious off-the-cuff purchase for most. they get interested, they get hot, and sometimes they cool. ive been on both ends of it many times. frustrating both ways. but you are 100% correct it cant be reproduced for anywhere near your selling price. it will sell, its a great car. just need to find that right person and you're in the right place with the right price. the SPB i built a few years ago was near 50. thought it would end up at 30, 35, 40 max and by the time you get all those bills for all the little things you do to make it nice, it just adds up.
someone would be super pleased to get this car.
good luck.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:22 PM
hf1
Banned

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Gary, u have a great car. don't take it personally. its just the process. ive bought and sold many cars, its a capricious off-the-cuff purchase for most. they get interested, they get hot, and sometimes they cool. ive been on both ends of it many times. frustrating both ways. but you are 100% correct it cant be reproduced for anywhere near your selling price. it will sell, its a great car. just need to find that right person and you're in the right place with the right price. the SPB i built a few years ago was near 50. thought it would end up at 30, 35, 40 max and by the time you get all those bills for all the little things you do to make it nice, it just adds up.
someone would be super pleased to get this car.
good luck.
+1
Nobody decides that they must get a race-car.
For the ones that think they may need one, Gary's is a well set-up, well maintained, turn-key car in the best, most competitive PCA class, at a bargain price -- well below the cost to build it.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
+1
Nobody decides that they must get a race-car.
Thanks guys, thing is I did, sumbitch cost me a Ferrari and a trip to Bejing!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Gary, u have a great car. don't take it personally.
I normally don't, it's human nature to spend as little as possible on something. She's priced well below her worth, which I did to take as much haggling out of the equation as possible as I dislike selling things. When someone offers me $8,000 below that already ridiculous price "because they don't need it" simply pisses me off.... It's insulting (to me, just MHO) at best, hence me now saying politely to "please refrain from calling" if that's what you have to say. I don't have to sell her, just don't see the point in parking her when I won't be racing in the near future.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Car is tentatively sold awaiting funds.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:41 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=spg993tt;14300999] the SPB i built a few years ago was near 50. thought it would end up at 30, 35, 40 max and by the time you get all those bills for all the little things you do to make it nice, it just adds up.
QUOTE]

I do believe that is now my car that you refer to, and it is a quality build.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:57 PM
hf1
Banned

Car is tentatively sold awaiting funds.
Congrats, hope it closes. Is the car staying in the north-east?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Congrats, hope it closes. Is the car staying in the north-east?
Yes Z, just over the NJ border in PA by Princeton, NJ. Seem like nice people.

Quick Reply: 97 SPB For Sale