Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

WTB Spec Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024 | 09:05 PM
SheppardLee
Rennlist Member

Default WTB Spec Boxster

Based in Florida, wanting to drive SPB class or whatever is most active in the southeast.

If anyone has any recommendations on shops that build them I’d take any advice I can get. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2024 | 05:48 PM
afilsinger
Rennlist Member

I would have Vali build you a car and ship it out your way. Realistically, he has probably built more spec boxsters than any other shop at this point. I think his builds offer the best value as well - I've heard crazy numbers approaching 6 figures for the same package Vali builds in the 60s.
The following 2 users liked this post by afilsinger:
dgoldattorney (09-24-2024), SheppardLee (09-19-2024)
Old 09-17-2024 | 09:09 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Reach out to Tuner RS CONTACT – TuneRS Motorsports

They're in Coral Springs, FL. Great group of people and they know their stuff.

I bought a Vali car and had it sent over. PM me if you want the details of how that went.
The following users liked this post:
SheppardLee (09-19-2024)
Old 09-19-2024 | 11:45 AM
SheppardLee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by afilsinger
I would have Vali build you a car and ship it out your way. Realistically, he has probably built more spec boxsters than any other shop at this point. I think his builds offer the best value as well - I've heard crazy numbers approaching 6 figures for the same package Vali builds in the 60s.
Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Reach out to Tuner RS CONTACT – TuneRS Motorsports

They're in Coral Springs, FL. Great group of people and they know their stuff.

I bought a Vali car and had it sent over. PM me if you want the details of how that went.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I stumbled across both TuneRS and Vali with all of my searches and they both seem great. Used was my preference but if I wouldn’t be upset if I started with something that wasn’t run ragged. Much appreciated!

Also if either of you have ever been behind the wheel of an MX-5 track car I’d appreciate the comparison. That’s my audible if I can’t get something in the SPB realm.
Old 09-19-2024 | 04:10 PM
afilsinger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SheppardLee
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I stumbled across both TuneRS and Vali with all of my searches and they both seem great. Used was my preference but if I wouldn’t be upset if I started with something that wasn’t run ragged. Much appreciated!
Vali has several used cars for sale with varying usage hours. Expect to spend around $35k on a used car, and do about 7-10k in work to freshen up and sort the car + tweak to your taste (driver ergonomics etc).

Originally Posted by SheppardLee
Also if either of you have ever been behind the wheel of an MX-5 track car I’d appreciate the comparison. That’s my audible if I can’t get something in the SPB realm.
In my experience, an SPB is faster than an NA, NB, and maybe NC Spec Miata with similar run costs to a spec miata that will run at the pointy end of the national field. It is slower than an ND Cup car and cheaper to run. I would buy the car that has the largest competitive field in your area.

Last edited by afilsinger; 09-19-2024 at 04:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SheppardLee (09-19-2024)
Old 09-20-2024 | 05:56 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

PM sent. I hope that helps with your decision.
Old 09-24-2024 | 11:17 AM
dgoldattorney
Rennlist Member

Default Vali is building me one

I decided to go with Vali because he was nice and was very receptive to building me a Spec Boxster. I called TunerRS and they said they would get back to me but never did. Vali called me back immediately, sent me a list of what he would do and the price which was well above what i expected BUT considering it will be a "new" car, i think that is worth the premium price. Let's just say it was well above $50,000.
Old 09-26-2024 | 10:45 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

There's a Spec Boxster for sale in the classifieds section, but in San Diego. Worth considering!
Old 09-26-2024 | 12:51 PM
afilsinger
Rennlist Member

I am familiar with that car - its got ok bones but was built by a now-defunct shop, that did many questionable things in the design of their package. PM me for details. It will need a bunch of effort to sort it, make it competitive and safe.
Old 09-30-2024 | 07:20 PM
Dal
Rennlist Member

SheppardLee - I sent you a PM. I'm considering selling my Vali built Spec Boxster. Haven't listed it yet but expect to sometime in the next week or so
Old 10-08-2024 | 02:11 PM
Paulracing
AutoX

Sent PM

Quick Reply: WTB Spec Boxster