Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Toyo Rebates

Old 05-10-2019, 02:33 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts
Default Toyo Rebates

Either I'm confused or Toyo is. I submitted a couple of claims, one for $100 and one for $275. They sent me a rebate for $250. (last years amount) When I questioned it I was told I must have an old form. I got the form from PCA and it agrees with Toyo's website. They have always had copy and paste issues (some places the PCA stuff references POC, some places NASA.) but this is the first time for this.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Scott,

Please contact Ryan Carignan at ryanc@national.pca.org and he may be able to help.

Aaron
Old 05-10-2019, 10:13 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Driver8
Scott,

Please contact Ryan Carignan at ryanc@national.pca.org and he may be able to help.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron. I think I've convinced the online support guy, I'll see how that plays out first. I'm guessing it's a lack of communication with their systems people . I was really just curious to see how it went for others, it's hard to believe I'm the first one to submit claims
Old 05-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Topher06
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, Toyo has been a real PITA. The form listed on the rebate site has the old amounts on it. I've contacted PCA and Toyo about it over a month ago. Still not corrected.
What I do is use the old form and hand write in the correct amounts off the PCA website.
There has also been issues with official race results that PCA posts not being in a 'Toyo compliant' format- ie lacking required info such as dates or the track name.
Ryan has been helpful. Toyo has not.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:51 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Or you could just finish mid-pack and not have to worry about any of this. That's what I do.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

I've had really good luck with Toyo rebates so far this year. Ryan sent me the correct Toyo form early on to use. I then use the results that are posted on the PCA clubracing site. Pull up the results (full screen), do a screen shot, and submit (both the race track and dates are at the top of the results section).

I wish the Hawk Rebates worked as well. I've submitted 4 or 5 and am still waiting on them to be processed.

Mike - I have some coaching spots available ;-)
Old 05-11-2019, 11:30 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Topher06
Yeah, Toyo has been a real PITA. The form listed on the rebate site has the old amounts on it. I've contacted PCA and Toyo about it over a month ago. Still not corrected.
What I do is use the old form and hand write in the correct amounts off the PCA website.
There has also been issues with official race results that PCA posts not being in a 'Toyo compliant' format- ie lacking required info such as dates or the track name.
Ryan has been helpful. Toyo has not.

Here is what I believe to be the correct form.

https://pcaclubracing.org/wp-content...ec-Boxster.pdf

Once they get it fixed, $450 / race is great. If you manage to win two races it's almost a full set. See you at VIR!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:37 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Once they get it fixed, $450 / race is great. If you manage to win two races it's almost a full set. See you at VIR!
Need a couple more guys to sign up to get your $450 at VIR

Mike & Adam are in (I believe), so that's 10. Maybe a few more will sign up after making it through The Glen
Old 05-11-2019, 01:05 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PGas32
Need a couple more guys to sign up to get your $450 at VIR

Mike & Adam are in (I believe), so that's 10. Maybe a few more will sign up after making it through The Glen
Yeah, I don't think we'll get 19 but $400 isn't bad.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:11 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Either I'm confused or Toyo is. I submitted a couple of claims, one for $100 and one for $275. They sent me a rebate for $250. (last years amount) When I questioned it I was told I must have an old form. I got the form from PCA and it agrees with Toyo's website. They have always had copy and paste issues (some places the PCA stuff references POC, some places NASA.) but this is the first time for this.

I got my free Hoosiers for the Lime Rock Race within a week
Old 05-13-2019, 10:53 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by PLNewman
Or you could just finish mid-pack and not have to worry about any of this. That's what I do.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM
ryanc440
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyo results clarification

Originally Posted by Lemming
I've had really good luck with Toyo rebates so far this year. Ryan sent me the correct Toyo form early on to use. I then use the results that are posted on the PCA clubracing site. Pull up the results (full screen), do a screen shot, and submit (both the race track and dates are at the top of the results section).

I wish the Hawk Rebates worked as well. I've submitted 4 or 5 and am still waiting on them to be processed.

Mike - I have some coaching spots available ;-)
If anyone is still having problems with Toyo, please let me know. I did notice an error on the SP1 and SPB form from our website, and I am getting that fixed. With 19 starters, 5th place gets $75, not $100.

Also, when you submit the results from pcaclubracing.org for your rebates, DO NOT USE a screenshot of the results as displayed on the screen. You have to submit the "Print" version of the results for Toyo to accept them. The "Print" version is the only one that contains watermark we created to let Toyo know the results are official and approved by PCA. I've included an example of the screenshot vs the print results so everyone can see the difference. The print version also now includes the dates of the races which satisfies Toyo's criteria. Hopefully, that helps clear things up a bit.

Ryan Carignan
PCA Club Racing Business Manager
ryanc@national.pca.org
Attached Images
Old 05-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Ryan,

Interesting, Toyo has accepted all of my rebates that were submitted this year using the screen shot without flinching. I'll start printing.

What is going on with the Hawk rebates? Do I need to resubmit the results?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:05 AM
ryanc440
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk

Originally Posted by Lemming
Ryan,

Interesting, Toyo has accepted all of my rebates that were submitted this year using the screen shot without flinching. I'll start printing.

What is going on with the Hawk rebates? Do I need to resubmit the results?
There is probably a little training still going on, but we have had several drivers get denied when not using the Print version.

As for Hawk, I have submitted the results through Lime Rock but have not received the codes from them yet. I continue to reach out to them so hopefully they will be a little more responsive the rest of this year.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:07 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanc440
There is probably a little training still going on, but we have had several drivers get denied when not using the Print version.

As for Hawk, I have submitted the results through Lime Rock but have not received the codes from them yet. I continue to reach out to them so hopefully they will be a little more responsive the rest of this year.
Good luck with that. My buddy submitted a Hawk claim early last year. Still a big fat ZERO. That being said, I tried them out at the last race and liked them, so I hope they work it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyo Rebates