Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Shifter fix advise ?

Old 03-20-2019, 09:16 PM
Black Sweeper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter fix advise ?

I have a Spec Boxster I use for track days and time attacks, I had the shift cable come off the white Delrin section of the shifter at the last event. This caused me to have to come in and correct the issue. The car was shifting fairly well but I could see a lot of dirt in the shifter. So I dissembled the shifter cleaned everything then reassembled it. I used the Porsche alignment/adjustment plastic tool. That's when the problem started. What is the fix for this? I did a search with no answers. Will new cable fix the issue?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

I reread your post a couple of times, so excuse me if i missed it......but what problem? i didn't see you say what is happening? i put a new set of numeric cables on last august. they are very, very good. even without the expense of their billet shifter, there is a significant difference in the accuracy. my .02. you have the adjustment tool..... one tip. i installed mine, everything looked perfect, used the aligning tool, but i could not get it into reverse. turns out the bracket on the trans had a bit of a tweak in it. a fresh tweak all was good.
https://numericracing.com/store/cables-986987/
Old 03-21-2019, 11:38 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 269 Likes on 131 Posts

Sounds like you might be talking about the cable that is normally held to this shifter with the small plastic "clip." The answer to your solution is a $0.90 screw, p/n 99991920409. It is a self taping M7x22... I'm trying to think where you can find one on the car that you could "borrow"

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifter fix advise ?