Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

HPR 6-Hour

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 11:47 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPR 6-Hour

Registration is now open for the HPR Club Race and 6-hour Super Enduro at www.clubregistration.net.
This is the inaugural multi-hour endurance race for PCA Club Racing.
The 6-hour enduro rules and car class groupings have been published in the PCA Club Racing News and can be found on the PCA Club Racing website at
http://pcaclubracing.org/high-plains/
The modified 6-Hour Super Enduro Rules can be found at www.pcaclubracing.org/rules/enduro6hour/
You can also find information about the club race weekend and the 6-hour enduro on the Rocky Mountain Region website at www.rmrclubrace.com
Registration opened last week and we have SP1, SPB, GTA1, GTB1, GTB3, and E cars represented in the registrations so far.
If you want multi-hour endurance racing in the PCA club racing program, then you need to join this race.
This race is made for SPBs.
HPR is a great track for this race format. (I have run the WRL 24-hour race at HPR and it was great fun.)
Myself and Clarke Simpson will be co-driving my car in SP1. I challenge all other SP1s to join us.
Please contact me at pheptig@heptiglaw.com if you have any questions on the 6-hour endure or the rules.
Susan Shire with PCA Club Racing can assist with any licensing question you may have. She can be reached at pcaclubrace@aol.com.
Get your cars and teams together and sign up. Let's make this race a success!
See you at the track!
Pat
Old 07-23-2018, 06:37 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Not a chance I can make it out there but I truly hope this catches on.

Best of luck to you guys
Old 07-24-2018, 02:59 AM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
Not a chance I can make it out there but I truly hope this catches on.

Best of luck to you guys
Sorry you cant make it.
We will see if it takes hold. I hope so too.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:03 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 114 Posts

This looks like a blast. Running Rennsport this year so can’t make it, but we’re planning for next year.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:28 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
This looks like a blast. Running Rennsport this year so can’t make it, but we’re planning for next year.
Sorry to hear. I will be at RR6 as well. See you there.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:33 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

Sounds like fun! One gripe, wish PCA could be a little more lenient on fuel spill when re-fueling. It is hard to add 17 gallons to a car without accidentally spilling a single drop. Why not allow a catch pan like in all other endurance racing?

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 08-06-2018, 07:27 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RennPart
Sounds like fun! One gripe, wish PCA could be a little more lenient on fuel spill when re-fueling. It is hard to add 17 gallons to a car without accidentally spilling a single drop. Why not allow a catch pan like in all other endurance racing?
From my experience in the pits as a scrut, DQ's are very rare for fuel spills. The PRIMARY objective here is safety, which has to be paramount. That's why we have the mandatory 5-minute pit stop for re-fueling. That reduces the need for rushing, which leads to mistakes. That said, we are looking at this issue in the context of the long endurance format and what changes may make sense, yet preserve overall safety for everyone.
In this same vein, we changed the rules to allow battery operated impact wrenches in the pits, which are not allowed under the normal rules. This is a work in progress. Help us make this a success.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:08 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by 714evo
From my experience in the pits as a scrut, DQ's are very rare for fuel spills. The PRIMARY objective here is safety, which has to be paramount. That's why we have the mandatory 5-minute pit stop for re-fueling. That reduces the need for rushing, which leads to mistakes. That said, we are looking at this issue in the context of the long endurance format and what changes may make sense, yet preserve overall safety for everyone.
In this same vein, we changed the rules to allow battery operated impact wrenches in the pits, which are not allowed under the normal rules. This is a work in progress. Help us make this a success.

We would love to see this catch on as well and are a supporter. Safety is a priority (see image below!). Just wanted to offer some constructive feedback from our experience with re-fueling.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:42 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RennPart

We would love to see this catch on as well and are a supporter. Safety is a priority (see image below!). Just wanted to offer some constructive feedback from our experience with re-fueling.

LOL. Whip it. Whip it good.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:26 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

The 6-hour Enduro registrations are slowly growing.
We have 4 SPB teams registered so far.
One more and SPB get its own Super Enduro Group to themselves.
Get your fellow SPB racers signed up. Do what ever it takes. Threaten, beat, cajole, bribe them... This will be a great team competition!

Old 08-10-2018, 10:45 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm planning to do it next year so I hope it's a huge success! :-) Wish I could this year but the logistics just wouldn't work.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:00 AM
mjj0000
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 714evo
The 6-hour Enduro registrations are slowly growing.
We have 4 SPB teams registered so far.
One more and SPB get its own Super Enduro Group to themselves.
Get your fellow SPB racers signed up. Do what ever it takes. Threaten, beat, cajole, bribe them... This will be a great team competition!
I'm not sure I understand this part ... are they proposing running a separate race just for SPB?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:42 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjj0000
I'm not sure I understand this part ... are they proposing running a separate race just for SPB?
No. they don't get a separate race.
Multiple PCA classes are grouped together in "Super Enduro Groups" based on similar performance.
There are 5 Super Enduro Groups under the 6-hour endure rules. Cars in the same Super Enduro (SE) Group compete against each other for position. All SE groups are on the track at the same time.
If 5 or more of the same PCA class register for the 6-hour race, then they will get their own "Super Enduro" group. So that they are competing only with cars of the same class, rather than competing with other classes of cars within a normal Super Enduro Group.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:54 PM
714evo
Rennlist Member

To Participants of the inaugural 6-Hour Super Enduro at HPR next weekend:
We have sponsorship awards and giveaways totaling in excess of $10,000!
TOYO TIRES has agreed to award TOYO BUCKS to podium finishers using Toyo tires in each Super Enduro Class: $600 to 1st place, $400 to 2nd place, and $200 to 3rd place.
RACER'S EDGE/MILLER OIL has given us two certificates for 5L of MILLER OIL, along with brake fluid.
CARBON FRICTION TECHNOLOGIES is giving away a set of brake pads.
SUNOCO FUELS is giving away $400 in gift cards for Sunoco fuel, along with several fuel jugs.
These are in addition to the sets of tires that HOOSIER RACE TIRES is giving away to the winners of Super Enduro Classes 3 & 4.
We have more awards and giveaways in the works.
So, if you were on the fence about this race, fall over onto the track and SIGN UP!
See you at the track!

Quick Reply: HPR 6-Hour