Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Barber Motorsports Park

Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barber Motorsports Park

The amount of SPBs signed up at Barber needs to increase. This is a classic track and could be the only time we get to race (with PCA) on it - especially with the low turn out. Being between Lime Rock and WGI is hurting the numbers but let's recruit to get a great field at this amazing track.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

I’m looking to rent a car for this so everybody should get an extra championship point. .
Old 04-11-2018, 11:22 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
I’m looking to rent a car for this so everybody should get an extra championship point. .
Glad that you're coming to the race! Losing TWS in Texas (there are rumors of a comeback but I doubt it) really hurt the "local" races. 75% of our races are 8+ hours away and Barber is ~10'ish hours. Would love to see the track added as a stable for future race seasons.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm there, especially since it's an 18-mile haul for me.

The Alabama Region used to host this race until it started losing money. PCA has wanted us to resume for sometime now, but our board keeps saying no. We have a relatively small membership and just a few of us who race. No problem with 3 DEs/year, but the board is afraid of a large financial hit. I was pleased to see Peachstate step up to the plate.

If anyone needs any info on Barber or the area, just ask.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:43 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Trackside support at Barber

we plan to support the event so let us know if you guys need anything special.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
I'm there, especially since it's an 18-mile haul for me.

The Alabama Region used to host this race until it started losing money. PCA has wanted us to resume for sometime now, but our board keeps saying no. We have a relatively small membership and just a few of us who race. No problem with 3 DEs/year, but the board is afraid of a large financial hit. I was pleased to see Peachstate step up to the plate.

If anyone needs any info on Barber or the area, just ask.
Tim,
Interestingly enough I have been told that PCA Club Racing subsidizes some of the races that they want to happen.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 04-12-2018, 12:09 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by FeuerRacing
Glad that you're coming to the race! Losing TWS in Texas (there are rumors of a comeback but I doubt it) really hurt the "local" races. 75% of our races are 8+ hours away and Barber is ~10'ish hours. Would love to see the track added as a stable for future race seasons.
As a new Texas SPB Club Racer --

Why don't we run MSR-Houston or ECR or even TMS? I know why we don't run H2R -- but frankly if I do like that track if only they'd solve their surface issues.

I will admit I wasn't a huge fan of TMS but racing is racing -- and I'd rather be on track then hauling a rig.

Mike
Old 04-15-2018, 11:26 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

I would love to but one 15 hr tow is enough for me for a while. LRP and the Glen are both less then five. I'm glad I made it to RA though, that was fun.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:40 AM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

We have both a SPB and SPC for rent for Barber. Such a great track! Be sure to visit the museum.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:08 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

SP3 cars almost outnumber SPBs - what's the dynamics here that's causing it? SPBs holding off registration for some reason?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:53 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Chris, when you and Gladwill show up, there's not much space left on the podium.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:15 AM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

No idea - we were just there testing. The facility is TOP NOTCH - hands down the best in the US!

And the museum...do not miss.

Rusty's BBQ is just down the road, and if you like German beer/food be sure to eat/drink at Brat Brot.
Driver Coaching / Trackside Support / Race Prep / Car Builds

SPB/SPC/GTB1 donors ready to go for your next build. We do cages in house as well.

PDK repair experts
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 05-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

The race seems to be undersold in general. Possibly to close to the race at the Glenn?
Old 05-02-2018, 11:55 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

I am personally done racing for the foreseeable future unfortunately. I only managed one race last year and struggled with my health. My health issues continue and I recently was banned from driving manual car's by my Dr's, So racing a SPB is out of the querstion right now. Hoping I can maybe make a race before the end of the year, but its not looking promising.

Maybe next year......
Old 05-02-2018, 12:45 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Originally Posted by mmuller
Hoping I can maybe make a race before the end of the year, but its not looking promising..
I do hope you get healed up and can re-join us. I remember asking the question "was the mountain biking worth it?" in which you replied "absolutely" - so sucks you're down and out but at least there's great memories that's causing today's issues.

Originally Posted by PLNewman
Chris, when you and Gladwill show up, there's not much space left on the podium.
There's several other fast people registered - it's a very competitive field and do hope everyone shows up.

Originally Posted by toddlamb
No idea - we were just there testing. The facility is TOP NOTCH - hands down the best in the US!
This is what I can't wait about the race... if 5 SPBs are going... I'm going. Going to be a great experience regardless. See you there.

Originally Posted by Lemming
The race seems to be undersold in general. Possibly to close to the race at the Glenn?
We just had 15 SPBs at Heartland Park last week (fantastic track now that's it has been re-paved!!) so that might also be eating into the numbers from the Texas racers and being smashed between the Glenn took out the NE racers. Ugh.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Barber Motorsports Park