For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: Porsche Art. Black Speedster.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: Porsche Art. Black Speedster.

Famous (and beautiful) Marin County artist Colleen Ross was commissioned to paint "Sandy Beaches" for the 1990 Porsche Parade in Monterey. She, as part of the Hanson Galleries stable, displayed it during the Parade in Hansen's Ocean Ave. window. The original sold for $65,000 to someone attending the Parade.
This serigraph is numbered 1 of 145. We all like 1 ofs so this should be a popular item.
The unique thing about this item is it is the only self portrait she has ever done of herself. She changed herself to blonde for the occasion.
The car is(was) mine. Thus, #1 and the personal inscription over her signature.
"Bill, Thanks for the beautiful Porsche"
The painting image measures 30 x 36. It was professionally framed at Hansen's using all the protections against heat, moisture, creatures and sunlight. The frame measures 42 x 48.
I am cashing out and living small. Soon living in and hitting the road in an RV that will not accommodate my art collection. My heirs won't appreciate it. Someone with a half million dollar Speedster will surely appreciate a fine work of art of a car that would now be worth the same $500,000.
Some of you will recognize it as "OL TUB" a popular favorite in PCA and the Registry in Northern California in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Asking $2600. This is what Hansen's was getting for signed serigraphs in 1990 and there was only 1 #1.

PS: If you google "Sandy Beaches", Colleen Ross, this is the very first thing you will see.

'

Last edited by FLT951; 02-23-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: Porsche Art. Black Speedster.