Sponsored by:

Save money on 944 High Strung Chromoly control arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Cris Brady
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Save money on 944 High Strung Chromoly control arms

Are you looking to upgrade your 944 control arms, a known failure point if you track your car? Have I got a deal for you. The High Strung control arms are one of few high quality replacement arms on the market. Legal for club racing, they have been field tested for several years and some of the 944 Cup racers have been using them. I have a certificate that will save you $300 on the cost of a brand new set. Unfortunately I can't use the certificate as I already have Fabcar control arms on my car, but for those who have been looking to upgrade this is a sweet deal.

Here's their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/highstrung44

PM me or email me at cris@alpinemotorsports.org for the details.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Cris Brady
Pro

bump
Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Cris Brady
Pro

Still available, perfect for that Christmas build!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Cris Brady
Pro

Still here and available!
Old 02-09-2017, 05:10 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

High Strung 44, still going strong, has just sold its 100th set of 944 control arms. To highlight the event, the set came in a first ever Viper Green.

For more info, go to
Facebook Post
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Cris Brady
Pro

I still have the certificate to save 50% off the purchase of a new set. $300 takes it. PM me if interested. Thanks.

- Cris
#88 SP2 89 944 NA
Old 02-09-2017, 10:14 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are great arms, and well worth the FULL price, let alone the discounted one. If I build another 944-based car, I'll go this route again.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:32 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Does anyone know if these arms will fit with the factory caster eccentric bolt and some monoball caster blocks, like elephant racing, for example? I know they come with some machined ones but I don't need those for the S2 race car as I already have the others and would like to retain them. Plus I'm downunder and the less weight the better for shipping...
Old 07-16-2018, 01:30 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

The weight for shipping is negligible for caster blocks. The factory bolts are used for the HS44 application. Opining on the fitment of other manufacturer's part used in conjunction with the HS44 arms is difficult and left to the judgment of the car owner.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:11 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Does anyone know if these arms will fit with the factory caster eccentric bolt and some monoball caster blocks, like elephant racing, for example? I know they come with some machined ones but I don't need those for the S2 race car as I already have the others and would like to retain them. Plus I'm downunder and the less weight the better for shipping...
There is probably a better place for this question to be answered, so mods feel free to move these posts out of Chris' thread.... But High strung arms need to be used with High strung blocks. The articulation happens through the Heim joint on the arm unlike the factory arms where the articulation is within the caster block. If you bolt HS arms to another bearing, the eccentric pin will be free to turn.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:26 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 944Cup
The weight for shipping is negligible for caster blocks. The factory bolts are used for the HS44 application. Opining on the fitment of other manufacturer's part used in conjunction with the HS44 arms is difficult and left to the judgment of the car owner.
That's why I asked if anybody knew about it/had done it. You appear to be in the USA - yes shipping to NZ is expensive, and that's why we try to minimize the weight. All after market caster blocks with monoballs are the same because they've been designed to change out the factory blocks, hence my question.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:29 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=JustinL;15145711]There is probably a better place for this question to be answered, so mods feel free to move these posts out of Chris' thread.... But High strung arms need to be used with High strung blocks. The articulation happens through the Heim joint on the arm unlike the factory arms where the articulation is within the caster block. If you bolt HS arms to another bearing, the eccentric pin will be free to turn.[/QUOTE

Good point - so in that case the HS arms MUST be used with their own caster blocks. Well answered this man and what I was after.

Quick Reply: Save money on 944 High Strung Chromoly control arms