Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

4-Spoke Steering Wheel 993

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM
tkm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE (you pay shipping) 4-Spoke Steering Wheel 993

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 993, 996
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Price changed to FREE (but, of course, you pay shipping). I just don't want this steering wheel sitting in my kitchen anymore and have no interest in holding onto it. Read "story" below about why it didn't work for me.

Part number is: 993.347.804.56

4-spoke wheel. Pictures attached. Very small scuff mark on the top (see picture, which is upside down).

Please read the issue below, which I posted elsewhere on Rennlist, to make sure this is the right wheel for you. I don't want the same thing to happen to someone else. Unfortunately I don't have any more info about the wheel. I just purchased it this week. You can see the specific issue in the photo.

-------------------------
From another post on RList:

Hi folks, I'm sure some of you are aware of this, but after reading this post I went ahead and tried to replace the wheel on my 1996 993. It's a manual drive car and after doing a little bit of research it looked like any of the OEM 4-spoke wheels would work, regardless of model (assuming it came off a manual car, of course).

I purchased a wheel off of a Rennlister and tried to swap it today. To my surprise, it didn't actually fit. The specific issue is that the metal you see on the wheel, where the screws attach to the airbag (at 3 and 9 o'clock), can actually be a different depth depending on the type of wheel you have. So, I was trying to reuse my airbag unit only to find that the wheel I'd purchased has a much more shallow depth for where the airbag attaches, not allowing it to seat properly in the wheel. In the picture, the rectangular red area is what I'm talking about when I say "shallow." On the wheel that's on my C2, those rectangles would be much larger. At least a good inch if not more "deeper."

The only things I know about the differences between the wheel I have and the wheel I purchased off of the Rennlister is that the Rennlister's is a turbo wheel (per the RLer) so that might explain the difference. I had read in a couple of places that a turbo wheel would work on my C2, and that might be in true in some cases, but that was not true in this case.

Anyway, just passing on to make sure people are aware of this. I will be posting the wheel for sale for the price I paid in case anyone needs a wheel with the more "shallow" metal at the airbag attachment point.
Attached Images    

Last edited by tkm; 10-08-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Price Change
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the early 95 wheels are different... Maybe that's the cause?

Quick Reply: 4-Spoke Steering Wheel 993