Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Water leak in Porsche 971 from under dashboard

Search this Thread

Old Today | 12:29 PM
RB54
Rennlist Member

Default Water leak in Porsche 971 from under dashboard

Hi, new member with a Porsche 971 Panamera GTS 2019. When the car was parked for a few days in rain, I found out that water is leaking in from under the dashboard. On the right side, dripping quite heavily soaking the mat in front right seat. Any ideas? Some blocked drainage that causes the water to take the wrong route and drip into the car? I hear that Audi A6 have problems with drainage from the sunroof, maybe same here? Similar construction?
Old Today | 05:08 PM
djdonte
Pro

There are drains at each corner of the sunroof, in the windshield cowl, and the evaporator coil. I would check the sunroof drains first as those are the most common to get clogged. Making sure the all the drains are cleared is actually on the list for the intermediate service. There are also some on the spoiler and one in the gas cap area.

Be sure to make sure your car is dripping from the bottom while the AC is on. If not, the evap drain is clogged. I am not positive on the location of the cowl drains. If you are handy, try taking apart some of the trim in the right side of the passenger footwell, glovebox, or A pillar to try to nail down more wet areas.
Old Today | 05:41 PM
huskeric
Rennlist Member

^^^ agreed.
While this is for the earlier version, more or less the same... review at 6:40

Quick Reply: Water leak in Porsche 971 from under dashboard