Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Optimal track wheel size for 991.2 C2S (NB)

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:37 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 996 Likes on 499 Posts
Default Optimal track wheel size for 991.2 C2S (NB)

I'm beginning to consider a set of dedicated wheels for the track for my 991.2 C2S. For daily use it runs on oem 20" Spyder Design wheels. It has standard brakes (not PCCB) so I think there are probably some decent options in 19". My guess is that going a little wider than oem would also be better for traction, so maybe moving up from 8.5" to 9" in front and 11.5" to 12" in rear. I also realize that at some point I will benefit from suspension upgrades to better accommodate the wider wheels. Not really sure about offset (ET) but was thinking to just decreasing the offset by the amount of increased width. Surely it can't be that simple. Anything else in particular I should be considering in terms of wheel size/spec? Obviously these are total newb questions and I'm just trying to educate myself..
Old Today, 09:56 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 73 Posts

You can hardly ever go wrong with larger wheels/tires for track days. With or without suspension mods. Apex has a great fitment guide.

Porsche 911 991.2 Carrera, S & T Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide (apexwheels.com)

Old Today, 10:16 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 240 Posts

Willtheyfit.com has a good calculator with visual overlay - you can change any specs to see the difference from OE.

Quick Reply: Optimal track wheel size for 991.2 C2S (NB)