New 24 Macan S - Road Noise/Vibration Question

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
CarEnthusiast1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 24 Macan S - Road Noise/Vibration Question

Hi All,

I just got a new 2024 Macan S this week which I have been enjoying, but I did notice something almost immediately on my first drive home. There is quite a bit of road noise & some internal vibration/resonance (including vibration in the gas pedal), particularly as the speed of the vehicle goes up. The steering wheel is completely fine (no vibration in the hands at all), however I feel it in my foot on the pedal as well as just in general sitting in the car.

As an analogy, it feels like driving on rough pavement, even when I was driving on a newly paved road. I tried to see if I could replicate under certain conditions vs. others, and MAYBE having the A/C on creates more of the feeling, however I think it still exists even with the A/C off.

For reference, I have the 20 inch Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tires and just came from an Audi Q5 that had 19 inch wheels.

Just wondering if this is normal and just something to get used to after switching from the Q5 which might have been a smoother ride, or if someone has seen this before and something else may be going on? Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome to the world of Macan. What you're experiencing is normal. Do a quick search and you'll see many threads about this........Phil
Old Today, 09:26 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil T
Welcome to the world of Macan. What you're experiencing is normal. Do a quick search and you'll see many threads about this........Phil
I'm not convinced this is normal. I have 10K on my 2022 S with the same tires and never experienced anything remotely like the OP describes.
Old Today, 10:59 AM
mark8
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
I'm not convinced this is normal. I have 10K on my 2022 S with the same tires and never experienced anything remotely like the OP describes.
2020 Turbo here, 20" wheels, exact same tires (just put on in April so likely similar date codes), and I have to say I have not experienced anything like that. Super quiet and smooth ride is what I would expect from this setup. I do have air suspension, not sure if OP's S does. I had a loaner base Macan with steel suspension and it definitely was a bit louder on the road, but nothing offensive. I would go over it with the dealer. Take them for a ride and make sure they hear and feel what you a re reporting. Get it on the record ASAP so that it can be fixed.

Quick Reply: New 24 Macan S - Road Noise/Vibration Question