Sponsored by:

Think I'm now confused.....

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM
F8T and 911T
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Think I'm now confused.....

sorry, it's hard to ask questions on this forum without suffering the hatred and insults from members but my curiosity forces me to ask anyway... I have a 2023 911 Carrera T. It's PDK automatic and it's turbo (twin, I think). With that information, can you tell me if I have a 991.1, 991.2, 992.1 or 992.2... I thought I knew but after reading some other threads, now I'm not sure which I have... and lastly, do those numbers mean anything? Are they the size of something?
The following users liked this post:
Res Ips (Yesterday)

Popular Reply

Yesterday, 05:48 AM
Tireman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by F8T and 911T
sorry, it's hard to ask questions on this forum without suffering the hatred and insults from members but my curiosity forces me to ask anyway... I have a 2023 911 Carrera T. It's PDK automatic and it's turbo (twin, I think). With that information, can you tell me if I have a 991.1, 991.2, 992.1 or 992.2... I thought I knew but after reading some other threads, now I'm not sure which I have... and lastly, do those numbers mean anything? Are they the size of something?

Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 67 Posts

You have a 992.1.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zoomnbyu:
F8T and 911T (Yesterday), yrralis1 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM
F8T and 911T
Racer

thank you.... but why? how can you tell and what do the numbers mean?

When I introduced myself when I joined the site, I said how I know nothing about Porsches and am here to learn. But I literally knew nothing other than it's German and owned by VW Group. I'm liking the car mostly and it's been kinda fun to learn about one of the few cars I know nothing about. Thanks again.
Res Ips (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM
alex2364
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought you sold cars for a living. Did you try doing some research?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_(991)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_(992)

Last edited by alex2364; Yesterday at 01:26 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by alex2364:
alaris (Yesterday), Scott P (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM
notcarbonated
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

First of all, you can rest assured that your car does indeed have two turbochargers.

The .1 in the model designation is the first edition of that generation of 911, while the .2 model is the "mid-cycle refresh" where certain things are changed/upgraded but the general design is mostly the same. There's no direct relationship between generation of car and size, but 911s have tended to get bigger as new ones have come out.
F8T and 911T (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
Tireman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts

The following 17 users liked this post by Tireman:
2thHappy (Yesterday), asuresh8 (Yesterday), breny4104 (Yesterday), Butzi (Yesterday), ddreyfu76 (Yesterday), DocM (Yesterday), doug_999 (Yesterday), Fullyield (Yesterday), Haros (Yesterday), Just J (Yesterday), M3Inline6 (Yesterday), Mike Lowrey (Yesterday), PG5768 (Yesterday), Porsche992 (Yesterday), Scott P (Yesterday), tomtomtomtom (Yesterday), Wilder (Yesterday) and 12 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,004 Posts

It’s not hatred or insults more than it is the group consensus is that you’re trolling. It’s hard to believe that someone who has owned (…or who owns) some truly fine automobiles doesn’t know the basic configuration of their 992 T or who inquires about some of the things you do. Even the maroney sticker on your car says “twin turbocharged”. Then you come to the 992 forum and see cars of the same model year that look exactly like yours, yet you ask if you have a 991 or a 992? Clearly you can understand why you aren’t taken seriously at all.

Last edited by M3Inline6; Yesterday at 06:15 AM.
The following 13 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
asuresh8 (Yesterday), brandobot (Yesterday), breny4104 (Yesterday), Butzi (Yesterday), ClubRacer523 (Yesterday), eagle1960 (Yesterday), Fullyield (Yesterday), Just J (Yesterday), OliverK68 (Yesterday), RG88 (Yesterday), Staffie Guy (Yesterday), txpackers (Yesterday), Wilder (Yesterday) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 294 Posts

If you truly don't know Porsche 911 history, here is an article from TopGear that should get you initiated in the world of the 911 and all of the generations thus far:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/her...on-porsche-911

The following 2 users liked this post by breny4104:
erikwevans (Yesterday), F8T and 911T (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
F8T and 911T
Racer

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
It’s not hatred or insults more than it is the group consensus is that you’re trolling. It’s hard to believe that someone who has owned (…or who owns) some truly fine automobiles doesn’t know the basic configuration of their 992 T or who inquires about some of the things you do. Even the maroney sticker on your car says “twin turbocharged”. Then you come to the 992 forum and see cars of the same model year that look exactly like yours, yet you ask if you have a 991 or a 992? Clearly you can understand why you aren’t taken seriously at all.
no I can’t understand AT ALL… how is it so weird that I don’t know Porsche? I just never liked them before so of course, I never read anything, paid any attention to them at events, driven one, sat in one etc… I knew nothing… now I know just above nothing…. It’s the strangest thing ever that on this forum, some of you tell me to research myself when that’s exactly what I’m doing by asking you guys on a Porsche forum! No one treats people like this on other forums. I go out of my way to help others on Ferrari forums etc and that’s the fun in it. You guys get offended for some twisted reason. And to me, they all look the same or close to where I can’t tell a .1 from a .2 or whatever. You guys are making new ownership and new interest an awful experience… I am liking the car but the more I come on this forum, the less I’m enjoying ownership.

and being in the business doesn’t equate to me knowing Porsches as suggested above. Just because I’m in the business, why would that mean I should already know Porsche? I’ve been a GM, GSM and finance director and that has nothing to do with being an enthusiast of a brand.

and lastly, I never meant to mention my other cars etc… it was ONLY when I was confronted and told my opinions of the Porsche so far was wrong and I must know nothing about cars or how to drive so I used real life to defend is all. I mention them and then it upsets some of the kids here— it’s just a gross example of the Porsche owners mentality but I’ll look past it knowing it’s not all Porsche owners.

thanks to the couple guys that answered me and helped. Appreciated
vladie22 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 367 Posts

I think the issue is the nature of your questions. Some basic Google- foo would get you answers in short order because the questions are very basic in nature. They are not questions that don’t really require an opinion or personal experience rather factual.

still, do you. If you want to ask or contribute here it’s a public forum so do so but thicken your skin.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
alaris
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 68 Posts

I think it’s more that you didn’t even make the effort to look on Wikipedia which would have answered your question.

Not to mention that you’re posting in the 992 forum
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Cachaco
Instructor

Received 188 Likes on 86 Posts

Troll. He has been annoying folks in the T forum.
The following 6 users liked this post by Cachaco:
alaris (Yesterday), Fullyield (Yesterday), Icegrill (Yesterday), Just J (Yesterday), Scott P (Yesterday), Wilder (Yesterday) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts

People are giving you a hard time because in the time it takes someone to respond to your basic question here, you could have found the information yourself on Google. Probably in less time.

Your question is akin to "I want this model Porsche what is the sticker price" or something best answered by trivial research. Use the forum for things you can't find as the first result on Google or in a cursory read of the manual.
alaris (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
F8T and 911T
Racer

Originally Posted by alaris
I think it’s more that you didn’t even make the effort to look on Wikipedia which would have answered your question.

Not to mention that you’re posting in the 992 forum
why would I use Wikipedia lol??? This IS A CAR FORUM… it’s what it’s for… if I wanted to learn quietly without interaction, I’d sit and google etc but we are in a car forum to discuss and learn and share. K, I’m tired of explaining why we are here.

and I’m on a 992 forum because when I posted in the 911 forum, they said to come here. Sigh. Not worth my effort to point out the obvious any further
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,298 Likes on 1,413 Posts

^^^ It is NOT a forum for you to repeatedly ask stupid questions easily found on your own.
alaris (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Think I'm now confused.....