Sponsored by:

Headliner Down.

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:50 AM
TEXIGO
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Headliner Down.

It happened to me. I know I’ve seen threads on this, but don’t remember the outcome.
Is this something Porsche will take care of or are we on our own?
Thanks
2014 991 eta.
Old Today, 11:53 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,088 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I haven't heard of a specific extended warranty on headliners, and a 2014 is unlikely to have coverage at this point, so you're most likely on your own.
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 534 Posts

10 years out, I would say you are on your own. Have you had your car serviced regularly at the Porsche dealer? Any previous noted concerns with them about this specifically? If not to either, then the service dept will likely not be willing to go out of their way to help you out. Keep us posted.
Old Today, 03:19 PM
G8tor
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

My 2015 GTS slicktop headliner failed about a year ago. I found a local guy several used exotic car dealers use. It’s not OEM, but you would have a hard time telling it, cost to replace was $500.
Old Today, 03:20 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 949 Likes on 472 Posts

There are plenty of shops around that specialize in vehicle interiors that can fix that. If you are connected to your local PCA group, I bet you can find a reputable shop to fix it.
Old Today, 03:35 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

Definitely on your own. I bought a CPO 991 and the headliner fell within a month.

No dice to have it covered. I tried.

I bought a new one from Porsche for $3500. Yeah... annoying but....Then installed it myself which was even more annoying. It took me a half day to have it in and out. The biggest issue was ensuring I didn't damage any trim in the car when removing and reinstalling.

BTW -- My local dealer quoted $6800 for the repair with a new part, which I thought was zero value and price gouging for a part that is probably $2k their cost.

Mine was a brown Alcantara which could not be sourced aftermarket... so ... that's why I bought the part from Porsche.
Old Today, 04:37 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 256 Posts

Yeah, that's exactly what independent auto upholstery shops are for, if you can get the material (or something just as good). I think I'd have been able to live without the alcantara, myself.

Quick Reply: Headliner Down.