Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any major differences between driving GT3 and GT3 RS?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
rlnl
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Is there any major differences between driving GT3 and GT3 RS?

I have a 992 GT3 but on a meeting I saw a GT3 RS - first time in real life - and I wonder maybe it worth an upgrade. When I purchased the GT3 I didn't like the big wings on the RS, but in real it doesn't look as big as on photos.
I have carbon seats and I use my car 2-3 times a week. If I upgrade to RS it will be more hard on the roads? Is there any major negative difference driving it daily compared to GT3? For example the lack of space for a gym bag is a big negative.
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,914 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Do you take your car to the track? If not, I don't see any point in upgrading. I'm not implying there's no point of the 3RS if you do not track, but I don't see the point in upgrading if you already have a GT3 and only drive on public roads
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
rlnl
4th Gear

Originally Posted by PTS
Do you take your car to the track? If not, I don't see any point in upgrading. I'm not implying there's no point of the 3RS if you do not track, but I don't see the point in upgrading if you already have a GT3 and only drive on public roads
Yes, I do but not often. I just like the look of the car, it’s very agressive. It’s not because I want to be faster, only the design. Is it more stiff on road? I do few shorter trips with GT3 (500-1000km) every year, not sure I can do the same with RS because of the missing front space and maybe the more stiff suspension.
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,914 Likes on 1,338 Posts

The suspension is not more stiff, you can actually make the 3RS slightly more compliant on the road than the GT3 via the suspension settings accessible on the steering wheel.

As you mentioned, you do lose the frunk for trips
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
rlnl
4th Gear

Originally Posted by PTS
The suspension is not more stiff, you can actually make the 3RS slightly more compliant on the road than the GT3 via the suspension settings accessible on the steering wheel.

As you mentioned, you do lose the frunk for trips
I wished you say RS is hard on public roads and in heavy traffic😁 Now the decision is more difficult. For that look I can change my luggages to backpack to fit in the back😁 Thanks for the help!
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 139 Posts

IMO, the difference is night and day, on track or off! Each wondrous in its own way. I am specifically referring to the 992 GT3 and RS. Putting aside the cost difference and aesthetics, from my experience the handling on the RS is significantly different than on the GT3. I mainly drive on twisties and I notice the difference between the two as being significant. Whether it's the aero, engine, or overall setup of the car, the RS is sublime and on another level.
The following 2 users liked this post by Haku:
Nick (Yesterday), Ukkid74 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 280 Likes on 135 Posts

Yes. Perhaps not so much previous generations; now “yes”.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 82 Posts

Is your GT3 manual or PDK? i am not a fan of PDK so if I had a manual GT3 i would not opt for an RS. the transmission will, in day to day use, be the biggest difference between the two
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,016 Posts

I have the 992 GT3 and just ordered the RS with the intention of selling the GT3. But then I decided to keep them both. Probably ridiculous but I can't get rid of a Shark Blue manual GT3 and I really wanted the RS. I suspect that they will be similar to drive for me. Better drivers will be able to exploit the aero of the RS on the fast turns but probably not me. The biggest difference will be the pdk vs manual. I can't wait to see my lap time improvement at my local track in the RS.

If I knew I was going to end up with a RS in addition to a GT3, I would have gotten a touring with sofas. I can always do the wing delete on the GT3 though.
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 356 Posts

Yeah, the RS looks just ridinkulos on the road... that wing is obscene... It's a hefty price to pay but I am sure it's next level. Other than the wing size, love the other design and aero bits. It would be great for 992.2 to get its adjustable dampers. Major problem around bumpy roads is likelihood of scraping the aero ducts etc. Depends on where you live I guess.

Last edited by catdog2; Yesterday at 07:32 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Agate
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 29 Posts

I had 992 GT3 and now 992 GT3RS. As mentioned the RS is more compliant in -4 settings for suspension.

I feel the RS is much ‘cooler’ than my previous GT3 and probably works out a cheaper car to own due to RS depreciation being less than GT3. That was enough for me to make the change.

lack of storage is only issue and if you don’t mind the wing on a daily..

Car looks spectacular
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 649 Likes on 301 Posts

Just get it and you will thanks us.

Last edited by Ukkid74; Yesterday at 08:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
3 2 1 Fights On (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 649 Likes on 301 Posts

The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (Today)
Old Today, 12:11 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,027 Posts

lolwut?
Old Today, 12:29 AM
chasing3s
Rennlist Member

You can definitely make the RS street compliant, but the springs are significantly stiffer than the GT3. Regardless of the adjustments made via the damper you'll always be somewhat bouncing around the streets. As far as GT3 vs RS for the road, the only issue that comes to mind for the RS is clearance to all those good aero bits under the car. I find myself being overly cautious everywhere I go, which definitely hinders the experience. At the end of the day they're both barely street cars anyway..

Quick Reply: Is there any major differences between driving GT3 and GT3 RS?