Certifying a Macan

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:36 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 148 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Certifying a Macan

The prices I am getting on leasing a 2025 seem a bit absurd
We have a 2022S the lease is up beginning of December this year...for the SAME car the cost is up over $300 a month
Since there is a 4 year warranty, if I BUY the car at the end of the lease, and wait out the year will Porsche certify the car for more warranty?
At what cost?

Last edited by dak911; Today at 12:38 PM.
Old Today, 02:20 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
The prices I am getting on leasing a 2025 seem a bit absurd
We have a 2022S the lease is up beginning of December this year...for the SAME car the cost is up over $300 a month
Since there is a 4 year warranty, if I BUY the car at the end of the lease, and wait out the year will Porsche certify the car for more warranty?
At what cost?
The information that was conveyed to me previously by a Porsche dealer was that the base cost to them to certify a car was about $3k. There would potentially be additional cost depending on the actual condition of the car. (Condition brakes / degree of brake wear; tire condition, remedial maintenance that is needed, and so forth.) The car must pass a stringent condition checklist in order to become certified.

You can just purchase an extension of the Porsche new car warranty however - as long as the car is still under its original factory warranty. If that's expired, then different (and less comprehensive) warranties are available for purchase from Porsche.

Last edited by Ironman88; Today at 02:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dak911 (Today)