Sponsored by:

"system fault workshop" with yellow key symbol on instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Liam john
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "system fault workshop" with yellow key symbol on instrument cluster

Cayenne 955 03 showing "system fault workshop" with a yellow key symbol at startup on instrument cluster then dissapears after about 5 seconds. Car runs and drives well. The research I have done on related leads me to believe that i need to have the car plugged into PIWIS to resolve the fault. I'm hoping to not have to take it to Porsche here in Melbourne Australia, would prefer to go to an Indi shop if anyone knows a good one here in Melbourne Australia?
Im considering trying/ installing a new ignition switch module to see if that resolves the issue? does anyone have an idea if this issue could be solved without PIWIS?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM
IchBautAuto
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can get a Porsche scanner like iCarSoft Por V3 here in Aust for very little money. Frankly I'd do that as you will find it very useful and possibly way cheaper than buying an ignoition switch module. Once you have one, no matter that it will not be at the factory scanner level, you'll wonder what you did without it.
The following users liked this post:
Liam john (Today)
Old Today, 02:15 AM
Liam john
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IchBautAuto
You can get a Porsche scanner like iCarSoft Por V3 here in Aust for very little money. Frankly I'd do that as you will find it very useful and possibly way cheaper than buying an ignoition switch module. Once you have one, no matter that it will not be at the factory scanner level, you'll wonder what you did without it.
Thanks Ich Baut Auto, I do have a basic OBDII scanner that reads some of the Porsche modules, I have actually ordered a Foxwell NT710 last night and will see if i can test more modules with that.

Development:
so last night after more researching on the forums I found a suggestion that perhaps before startup if i press the brake, turn key to left then turn key to right (car starts) it clears the "system fault workshop message. Unfortunately the message returns if I touch or wiggle the key fob lightly in the ignition module... is this a sign of a faulty ignition module that needs replacing? or an issue with the key fob?
Old Today, 03:17 AM
IchBautAuto
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Frankly I couldn't say. Thats where a scanner will come in handy. As you know, the basic scanner only reads those codes Porsche is required to make available for emissions. You should get what you need from the Foxwell so probably worth waiting for it and then hopefully you'll get pointed in the right direction. I've recently had a Red fault that intermittently showed on the dash, wasn't able to be located by the scanner and turned out to be a missing bolt. While it could be electrical, keep an open mind on the options.
The following users liked this post:
Liam john (Today)

Quick Reply: "system fault workshop" with yellow key symbol on instrument cluster