Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procedure after airbag deployment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 06:33 PM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Procedure after airbag deployment?

Hey all --

Rebuilding a salvage 991.2: I've replaced the driver knee airbag and the steering wheel airbag, and had both front seatbelts rebuilt. Everything is installed and ready to go. I was reading I might need to clear the airbag module from the fault? I have access to PIWIS 3 so I'm assuming it can be done in there (can someone guide me to what screen this would be under/the procedure in general?) Is that it? I saw there are crash sensors in the front of the car, can those be reused? Not sure if they're a 1 time deal.

Basically, what do I need to do to not blow all the airbags when I reconnect the battery? Haha. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2024, 09:54 AM
rensoyka
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 117 Posts

my understanding is that any time the airbags deploy the control module must be replaced.
Old 07-16-2024, 10:08 AM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rensoyka
my understanding is that any time the airbags deploy the control module must be replaced.
I'm pretty sure I read you can send it out to be reset or reset it with a piwis, but you can only reset it like 3x -- something like that.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:31 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 546 Posts

Can you provide the details on the rebuild?
Old 07-18-2024, 12:08 AM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jack F
Can you provide the details on the rebuild?
991.2 TTS ... Front end damage -- driver side fender + bumper replaced, headlight, lower control arm, radiator, AC condenser... Decided to grab some new wheels while I was at it since 2 or 3 were lightly scratched and 1 was bent. Steering wheel airbag and driver knee airbags deployed and the seatbelts locked. Fairly easy fixes, but I haven't dealt with airbags on a 911 before, not sure if things were like other cars or if anything special needed to be done. Also never used piwis before but I'm sure it's similar to other software I've used previously. Waiting on a few minor parts to come in early next week but everything should be good to go by next weekend!

Quick Reply: Procedure after airbag deployment?