Sponsored by:

Tire Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 04:21 PM
911miami
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tire Replacement

I have a base 2022 Taycan which just hit 18k miles. The care came with Michelin pilot sport (which have been great) and both front and rear need to be replaced. Has anyone switched from the Michelins to Pirellis, any opinions on the Pirellis? Also if anyone has a tire shop in the Fort Lauderdale area you recommend I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback
Old Yesterday, 01:16 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by 911miami
I have a base 2022 Taycan which just hit 18k miles. The care came with Michelin pilot sport (which have been great) and both front and rear need to be replaced. Has anyone switched from the Michelins to Pirellis, any opinions on the Pirellis? Also if anyone has a tire shop in the Fort Lauderdale area you recommend I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback
Check out the Contis, mine will last longer than the Pirellis.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,088 Posts

My pirellis were toast in 12k miles. The contis I put on seem to be lasting better and drive about the same (Pirelli were better for hard corning and steering feel, but not enough to really care for a 5k lb sedan that is not driven that hard usually)
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

The Conti's on my '23 GTS sedan have about 9,300 miles and it sounds like from a thread last week I might expect 18,000 miles. I have been very pleased with the so far.
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,741 Likes on 1,830 Posts

Thanks for the feedback
range will be better with all seasons - unless you are tracking the car or constantly driving near grip
limits you might consider all seasons for the greater range

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/hmmm-my-lovely-taycan-is-limited-to-220-miles-range-edit-i-think-its-the-tires….6787/

YMMV literally!

Last edited by daveo4porsche; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.
Old Today, 10:33 AM
Zcd1
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks for the feedback
Here's some empirical data to help you decide: Tire Rack EV tires vs. All Season tires vs UHP Summer tire test...

Quick Reply: Tire Replacement