Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

LWFW Review!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2024, 08:22 PM
brandon@heel.toe.hero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool LWFW Review!

I was asked by a client to share this review. He isn't on Rennlist, but gave permission for us to share his feedback. Who else has first-hand experience?

"A few weeks ago I ordered the Ninemeister lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from Heel Toe Hero for my Spyder. Everything shipped within a day and arrived two days later. The kit included everything I needed to have my shop install other than some grease, which was a nice bonus in getting the job done quickly. My local shop charged me 10 hours of labor to do the job and reported that it was a straightforward installation.

I spent a couple of weeks breaking in the new clutch driving 'normally'...not as I normally drive my Spyder but like a normal person.

The clutch pedal was a bit heavier than stock, though not massively so. It does seem to have gotten just a bit lighter since the first drive, but possible I just got used to it as well. Clutch engagement is quicker than stock, maybe a small bit more 'grabby' is a good way to describe it? The engagement window seems to maybe be just a tiny bit smaller than stock, but within minutes I had adjusted to that.

Lastly for the dry stuff: I noticed no additional noise from this upgrade. I was prepared for a bunch of clatter, but after about 1200 miles so far, I notice no additional sounds at all.

Now, onto the good stuff. The engine revs SO MUCH MORE FREELY. I don't know how I'd go back to not having this LWFW installed. This Spyder deserved to come from the factory this way. Rev matching happens even faster than before, and while I enjoyed shifting before, I find myself wanting to change gears more because of how quickly the engine responds.

Is the car faster? Maybe, I don't know. I didn't measure and don't really care. What's important to me is that it's more of an event to drive. That's what's important to me!"

The review echos the thoughts shared by a few people we have sold these to. I have the kit in my own GT4 and it was worth every penny and more, ATMO.

Let me know if I can answer any questions...and below is a before and after of my own GT4 with the LWFW installed a couple of months ago.

View this post on Instagram

And here is a sample from another client in a GTS 4.0

heeltoehero.com

US Dealer for Ninemeister

Heel Toe Hero is a collective of driving enthusiasts that take ourselves just seriously enough to not get arrested.

We hope.

Follow us on Instagram for the newest products, information, and guides.
The following 2 users liked this post by brandon@heel.toe.hero:
MrFunk (07-14-2024), UncleDude (07-12-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 12:37 AM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 269 Posts

Is a different clutch required or can it work with the factory clutch?

This + shorter gearing seems like it would be the perfect combo to spice up the driving experience without touching the motor.
The following 3 users liked this post by 6IXSPD:
BoxKing (07-13-2024), brandon@heel.toe.hero (07-13-2024), Larry Cable (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 02:24 PM
brandon@heel.toe.hero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
Is a different clutch required or can it work with the factory clutch?

This + shorter gearing seems like it would be the perfect combo to spice up the driving experience without touching the motor.
The 718 4.0 cars can use the standard clutch, you don't have to change that if you don't want.
Old 07-14-2024, 03:54 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 441 Posts

Pre vs post revving vids would give some perspective
Old 07-14-2024, 06:22 PM
brandon@heel.toe.hero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Pre vs post revving vids would give some perspective
Are you able to see the videos in the original post? One by us and one a customer did and tagged us. If not, here are the links again:

Old Today, 12:43 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for sharing the review. This is a very desirable mod for an engaging driving experience (along with shorter gearing and stronger clutch). However, isn't there some kind of a harmonic issue with LWFW? I don't have technical details. But, remember reading something to that effect of how LWFW impacts the transmission. More informed members could chime in.
Old Today, 06:48 AM
silverscooby27
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Do these parts mess anything up with the auto rev matching or does that work like normal?

Quick Reply: LWFW Review!