Notices
Macan 2014-Current

What is the preferred suspension for a new GTS, Air or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 10:13 AM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts
Default What is the preferred suspension for a new GTS, Air or not?

Hey guys,

A little confused about the suspension option in the Macan GTS. Is there a height adjustable air suspension option? If so, what is the preferred set-up? What is everyone ordering and liking better?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2024, 10:33 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 228 Posts

A new Macan GTS only has one suspension option. It's the PASM with air suspension. It is height adjustable and also the dampers are adjustable. On the GTS, the Normal and Low settings are slightly lower (-10mm?) than on the optional air suspension on the base and S Macan models.

I think the air suspension became standard on the GTS in 2022. Prior to that, it was an option on the GTS.

Last edited by DSC48; 07-01-2024 at 10:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Terry Adams (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 04:03 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48
A new Macan GTS only has one suspension option. It's the PASM with air suspension. It is height adjustable and also the dampers are adjustable. On the GTS, the Normal and Low settings are slightly lower (-10mm?) than on the optional air suspension on the base and S Macan models.

I think the air suspension became standard on the GTS in 2022. Prior to that, it was an option on the GTS.
So, don't do the optional PASM? Just stick to the standard air suspension that comes on every new GTS?
Old 07-03-2024, 12:25 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Don't the GTSs have SPORT PASM (-20mm), with the option to make it just PASM (-10mm), just like with the sports cars? When I was looking for a GTS ('22 and newer), several had just PASM (-10mm). The fully loaded '22 GTS CPO I recently bought, doesn't say 'PASM' anywhere on the build sheet... but it has it. As well as air suspension. So I'm pretty certain it has SPORT PASM. It seems to have all of the extreme sport options. Wonder how good it handles in the twisties. Any idea? Might take it to a mountain run one of these weeks (it's far away). Build sheet attached. By the way, I set up 'individual' with sport, comfort suspension, and lowered. Looks awesome. And if it's like the sports cars, engine runs much cooler in sport mode. It also feels lethargic in normal. In fact, it's barely acceptable in sport too.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
MACAN GTS Build Sheet.pdf (31.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by JCtx; 07-03-2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:38 AM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

So I speced a 24 gts and just picked it up. I went through the whole process and was told not to get it since that option makes it sit higher in the low setting as opposed to standard air suspension which comes on the gts.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:32 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah, if you don't choose anything; the GTS should come with sport PASM already. At least my '22 did. Having said that, I assume the PASM 10mm raised option, just like on sports cars, should have a slightly better ride, but it's reportedly hardly noticeable, so for the stance alone, I'd choose the sport version. Besides, the cars have less suspension travel, so maybe more noticeable there. BUT, if you have ridden on other PASM Macans, the GTS is definitely firmer, especially with 21" wheels, like mine. It's a very noticeable difference from the Sport Edition with just PASM air suspension with 20s. If unsure, go drive one first, since it'd be an expensive mistake. Ha ha. Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:08 AM
mark8
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
Don't the GTSs have SPORT PASM (-20mm), with the option to make it just PASM (-10mm), just like with the sports cars? When I was looking for a GTS ('22 and newer), several had just PASM (-10mm). The fully loaded '22 GTS CPO I recently bought, doesn't say 'PASM' anywhere on the build sheet... but it has it. As well as air suspension. So I'm pretty certain it has SPORT PASM. It seems to have all of the extreme sport options. Wonder how good it handles in the twisties. Any idea? Might take it to a mountain run one of these weeks (it's far away). Build sheet attached. By the way, I set up 'individual' with sport, comfort suspension, and lowered. Looks awesome. And if it's like the sports cars, engine runs much cooler in sport mode. It also feels lethargic in normal. In fact, it's barely acceptable in sport too.

That's a nice build. You will be glad you have the PTV+. One of my favorite options on these!

Quick Reply: What is the preferred suspension for a new GTS, Air or not?