Sponsored by:

2009 Cayenne 957 GTS Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 08:24 PM
IchBautAuto
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2009 Cayenne 957 GTS Electrical Question

Pretty basic, I'm trying to find out if the engine bay jump start terminals are directly connected to the start battery or if there is any component in-line. I have numerous wiring diagrams and despite pouring over them with a magnifying glass, cannot locate the jump start terminals. The vehicle electrical systems battery is clearly shown and for some models, the additional preparation starter battery (not applicable for me). No doubt I have a surplus of info, in fact everything except what I'm looking for.
Old 06-30-2024, 08:46 PM
rechtien
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Jump stsrt terminals are under the hood. Driver side. Back of the engine bay. Single positive post. Use any aporopriate ground. Works fine.

No idea but i assume it is wired directly to the battery.
The following users liked this post:
IchBautAuto (07-01-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 10:28 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 113 Posts

I won't bother to post pictures of the schematics as it seems you already have them, but yes, directly connected to the battery.
As a side point, there is also a ground terminal for jump starting.
The + is round and the - is like a thick rod.
Only mention because without the beauty covers (iirc) the labeling isn't there and the times I've hooked up to jump start another vehicle I had to take a moment to be sure I didn't mix them up.
The following users liked this post:
IchBautAuto (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 12:09 AM
IchBautAuto
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks, directly connected was what I needed. Very familiar with them, also have a Touareg plus I have some electrical monitoring connected to them as well as the trickle charger. The Pos terminal has a swing up Red Cap.
My problem was the monitoring equipment which has been there for a year showed disconnected for a few hours. It either had to be a power loss from the battery or a fault in the monitor. Looking like a fault in the monitor with that info.

Quick Reply: 2009 Cayenne 957 GTS Electrical Question