New & confused

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 11:08 PM
Thisisbilly
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New & confused

Good evening all
I'm new to the forum & a new first time owner of a 2022 718 Spyder pdk. I wasn't able to drive it before purchasing & I have 2 questions that I'm wondering about.
After putting the car into drive, and taking my foot off the brake, the car doesn't move. It takes a fair amount of pressure to the gas pedal to get it to move at a slow speed.
Is this normal. It does the same thing at stop signs, etc.
2nd question. Is voice control a feature on 2022 Spyders? According to the manual it seems to be, however I can't get it to respond.. A reply on the screen says not available.
Am I missing something.
Much thanks
Bill
Old 06-25-2024, 11:21 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,567 Likes on 2,036 Posts

PDK, yes that’s normal. It has GT car programming, no creep.

Voice Control, do you have factory nav?
Old 06-25-2024, 11:43 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisisbilly
Good evening all
I'm new to the forum & a new first time owner of a 2022 718 Spyder pdk. I wasn't able to drive it before purchasing & I have 2 questions that I'm wondering about.
After putting the car into drive, and taking my foot off the brake, the car doesn't move. It takes a fair amount of pressure to the gas pedal to get it to move at a slow speed.
2nd question. Is voice control a feature on 2022 Spyders? According to the manual it seems to be, however I can't get it to respond.. A reply on the screen says not available.
Am I missing something.
Much thanks
Bill
voice control is an option but not standard. It also requires Navigation. Very few 718s are spec’d this way. You can check your window sticker or build sheet to see if your car is so equipped,

I have it and I never use it.
Old 06-25-2024, 11:47 PM
Thisisbilly
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
PDK, yes that’s normal. It has GT car programming, no creep.

Voice Control, do you have factory nav?
It does have factory nav. including Porsche connect
Old 06-26-2024, 12:41 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,567 Likes on 2,036 Posts

It does have factory nav. including Porsche connect
My 2024 718 came with Nav as standard equipment. Voice control still had to be selected as a no cost option

Hard to say on an earlier configurator.
Old 06-26-2024, 12:39 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,218 Likes on 683 Posts

Good evening all
Am I missing something.
Much thanks
Bill
Specifically for the GT4/Spyder this is normal. It uses the PDK-S which is more aggressive and was tuned in a way to simulate a manual car. I personally love it and wish that all Porsches did it.

Like some others said, the voice option needed to be checked with the navigation. You cant select voice without navigation but you can have navigation without voice. You should check the build sheet because there is a possibility that the previous owner "unlocked" the navigation themselves.

Quick Reply: New & confused