Macan 2014-Current

picked up my 2024 gts

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 05:08 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default picked up my 2024 gts

So I picked up my high spec 2024 GTS late last week (black/black). I drove it two blocks from the deal to their recommend company for ceramic coating, window tinting and to have my wheels powered coated.
I couldn't order the gt wheels in stain black without a deviated stitching interior seat option that I didn't want. They came satin platinum and wanted them satin black. Other thing I noticed when I actually got the car was the rear taillight lenses were very clear and looked much darker on the porsche configurator. I had them smoke out the headlights and tail lights with film as well as the yellow turn sigs.
That is just the background. I picked it up and drove about an hour home. Definitely a bit more power than my 2018 macan gts and the tech works so much better.
On my 2018 you would hold the lock button down on the fob and the side mirrors would tuck in. Doesn't do this on the 24. Just asked the sales guy and was told that the US version doesn't do this anymore (WTF?)
Does anyone know if there is a motor in the housing and not connected or is there a upgrade or workaround available to get them to tuck?

UPDATE: despite the dealer telling me in 2024 they only retract in Europe I went into the setting menu under "locking" and found a box to check that sash "folding mirror" . Checked it and guess what...they now fold when parked.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8266.MOV (8.21 MB, 23 views)

Last edited by 02m2; 06-20-2024 at 05:34 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 02m2:
DOSGT (07-02-2024), Mike981S (06-20-2024), schnell (06-21-2024), Zeus993 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 08:45 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 225 Posts

Beautiful GTS. Never ceases to amaze me how little they know about their products. And they'll never say, I don't know but I'll find out. They'd rather give a wrong answer and move on.
The following 3 users liked this post by DSC48:
02m2 (06-22-2024), Larson E. Rapp (06-22-2024), Vista6019 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 10:36 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

Shorty after my wife bought her Benz, she was having trouble with the “kick under the rear bumper to open the trunk” movement. The SM said it would work better if she removed all the CF rear bumper trim….

She never went back to that dealership again. It has the full CF trim on her C63S coupe.

Old 06-21-2024, 12:04 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
Shorty after my wife bought her Benz, she was having trouble with the “kick under the rear bumper to open the trunk” movement. The SM said it would work better if she removed all the CF rear bumper trim….

She never went back to that dealership again. It has the full CF trim on her C63S coupe.
Actually, they weren’t lying. I had that feature on my prior M3, but changed the rear diffuser to the M-Sport All Carbon Fiber version and it stopped working. It was explicitly stated about losing that feature in the Installation Instructions for adding the Carbon Fiber version.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:07 PM
Heli-Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a setting that you can change that folds the mirrors in when locking the vehicle. I've got a 2024 GTS and it works just fine.
Old 06-21-2024, 05:10 PM
boyce89976
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Heli-Doc
There is a setting that you can change that folds the mirrors in when locking the vehicle. I've got a 2024 GTS and it works just fine.
One of my business partners lives in St George. Beautiful area!
The following users liked this post:
Heli-Doc (06-24-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 06:59 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Originally Posted by mc3456
Actually, they weren’t lying. I had that feature on my prior M3, but changed the rear diffuser to the M-Sport All Carbon Fiber version and it stopped working. It was explicitly stated about losing that feature in the Installation Instructions for adding the Carbon Fiber version.
The vehicle came off the assembly line that way. It was not a dealer prep item or some aftermarket riveted or glue-on piece. My point was that the service manager in this case did not know his product. This was/is his job. In my opinion, when he did that he lost any credibility I might have considered. That's all.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:23 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

The vehicle came off the assembly line that way. It was not a dealer prep item or some aftermarket riveted or glue-on piece. My point was that the service manager in this case did not know his product. This was/is his job. In my opinion, when he did that he lost any credibility I might have considered. That's all.
Again, he probably wasn’t lying because carbon fiber diffuser options, even when installed at the factory, usually negates the kick to open feature on a lot of cars. I have even seen it specifically mentioned in several dealer sales guides.

The M Sport carbon diffuser that I installed was a factory option that replaces the cheap stock base plastic one that just happened to come on my (on the lot) car.

It was a remove 4 torx screws and stock plastic panel and install OEM upgraded optional M Sport CF diffuser…no rivets, no glue, no Alibaba junk. With that said, if you actually flexed the carbon fiber diffuser while polishing it, it would occasionally pop the trunk open…perhaps sensing the motion of the flexing diffuser itself.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the service manager was actually giving you correct answer despite your not wanting to accept it?

Last edited by mc3456; 06-21-2024 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2024, 08:08 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Again, he probably wasn’t lying because carbon fiber diffuser options, even when installed at the factory, usually negates the kick to open feature on a lot of cars. I have even seen it specifically mentioned in several dealer sales guides.

The M Sport carbon diffuser that I installed was a factory option that replaces the cheap stock base plastic one that just happened to come on my (on the lot) car.

It was a remove 4 torx screws and stock plastic panel and install OEM upgraded optional M Sport CF diffuser…no rivets, no glue, no Alibaba junk. With that said, if you actually flexed the carbon fiber diffuser while polishing it, it would occasionally pop the trunk open…perhaps sensing the motion of the flexing diffuser itself.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the service manager was actually giving you correct answer despite your not wanting to accept it?
To your final question, no. It works. You just need to know specifically where to 'kick it' under the rear bumper. Sometimes, it may take 2 or 3 tries. But it usually works on the first try if you know where to place your foot. This SM did not know that. He did NOT give me the correct information because YOU think I don't want to accept what here? Your opinion?
Old 06-21-2024, 09:23 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

To your final question, no. It works. You just need to know specifically where to 'kick it' under the rear bumper. Sometimes, it may take 2 or 3 tries. But it usually works on the first try if you know where to place your foot. This SM did not know that. He did NOT give me the correct information because YOU think I don't want to accept what here? Your opinion?
You’re probably right that there is a spot that works, but the service manager is also correct that a car without carbon fiber trim near the sensor works better…for the reason that I stated and the disclosure in the M Sport Installation Instructions about the sensor not penetrating carbon fiber as well as the plastic. Have you ever seen parking sensors covered in carbon fiber on cars with a carbon fiber bumpers? Personally, I haven’t.

Last edited by mc3456; 06-21-2024 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:43 PM
///Bruce
Pro

You’re probably right that there is a spot that works, but the service manager is also correct that a car without carbon fiber trim near the sensor works better…for the reason that I stated and the disclosure in the M Sport Installation Instructions about the sensor not penetrating carbon fiber as well as the plastic. Have you ever seen parking sensors covered in carbon fiber on cars with a carbon fiber bumpers? Personally, I haven’t.

Geez… You’re right. Absolutely. Truly brilliantly stated. I bow to your knowledge. Thank you for your insight.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:02 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Geez… You’re right. Absolutely. Truly brilliantly stated. I bow to your knowledge. Thank you for your insight.
Hmmm, I now suspect that service manager is happy you never returned.
The following users liked this post:
GP20 (06-21-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 09:47 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

LOL..I got my gf a MBZ AMG glc coupe with that feature.....it is actually a good idea. Her car from a tech standpoint is much better than my new macan.

Old 06-22-2024, 09:49 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Heli-Doc
Just check the box under locking and it works fine. On my 18 gts you could just double click the key fob close and the mirrors would retract.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:52 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

I ordered it without a sunroof and have never had any of my Cayennes or Macan's without one. Creates more headroom without one and opens up the cabin.

Quick Reply: picked up my 2024 gts