Comparing GT3 vs GTC4 Lusso

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 04:17 PM
GTS2022
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Comparing GT3 vs GTC4 Lusso

Hi folks

wondering if someone had experience of driving or owning both and what their thoughts are as both of them are essentially in the same ballpark in terms of price.

Old 06-17-2024, 04:20 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 142 Posts

They are in the same price range but so are a GT3 and an Urus. I don’t think you can really compare and contrast the two in any fair way.
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (06-21-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 04:22 PM
GTS2022
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
They are in the same price range but so are a GT3 and an Urus. I don’t think you can really compare and contrast the two in any fair way.
I think urus is a completely different thing. It’s a big SUV where as GTC4 is kind a smallish shooting break. I’m talking about more of a car experience with 4 seats. Also both GT3 and GTC4 are NA.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,591 Likes on 5,083 Posts

No one in their right mind is crossing shopping a GTC4Lusso and a GT3.

Depending on what year Ferrari you are looking at, an early GTC4Lusso is already out of the OEM warranty and maintenance period, while a GT3 is not (either new or used).

The V12 NA GT4Lusso is AWD, the GT3 is RWD.

The Ferrari is a GT car in shooting brake guise, the GT3 is a track car that one can use to cruise the Autobahn. I've seen lots of Ferraris at my home track, and I have yet to see anyone track a GTC4Lusso or even the FF.

Decide what you want, instead of wasting Rennlist internet bandwidth that could be used on more important things like ADMs and mythical unveiling dates for the 992.2 GT3.
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (06-18-2024), BE-EB-992 (Yesterday), CarmineGT3 (Yesterday), catdog2 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 02:12 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 356 Posts

The FF/GTC4 Lusso is a HUGE car in person...
A nice GT and great sounding engine, nothing to do with the GT3...
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (06-21-2024)
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM
bgpman
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both right now.

Agree with others that they're not really 1 vs. the other besides them both having great sounds winding them out.

I view the GTC4Lusso as a more "alive" Panamera alternative. It feels like an Italian muscle car in comparison though with its weight transfer dynamics. Coming off heavy throttle, it feels like the front end is floating down, though it doesn't feel unsafe while that's happening. It feels a little better handling than the Panamera Turbo S in terms of immediacy of steering response (though it probably doesn't handle better). It's hard to not like the engine though.

As I've been driving 992 GT3 (and not now but while I've had the GTC), a 718 GT4, and some 991s I have been shopping I find I think they are more than fast enough and the GTC4Lusso like the Panamera feels almost "too fast" in some ways. Love the steering feel of the GTs especially the 992, and have gotten used to the higher road noise and rougher ride as a trade off.

For what it's worth I tried living with the Roma as well as a Panamera alternative, NOT a 911 alternative, and it also feels more alive than Panamera to me and the electronics didn't bother me. In fact the rear cam may have the best res of any I've seen. Handling was definitely better than the GTC and the rear end constantly was breaking loose in a fun but controlled way. But just didn't enjoy it vs. GT cars now, "too" fast and I didn't enjoy the exhaust note as much.

Despite the difference in handling/weigh of it though I think I'd take the GTC as a better sporty cruiser over Panamera or Roma.
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,591 Likes on 5,083 Posts

Originally Posted by bgpman
I have both right now.

Agree with others that they're not really 1 vs. the other besides them both having great sounds winding them out.

I view the GTC4Lusso as a more "alive" Panamera alternative. It feels like an Italian muscle car in comparison though with its weight transfer dynamics. Coming off heavy throttle, it feels like the front end is floating down, though it doesn't feel unsafe while that's happening. It feels a little better handling than the Panamera Turbo S in terms of immediacy of steering response (though it probably doesn't handle better). It's hard to not like the engine though.

As I've been driving 992 GT3 (and not now but while I've had the GTC), a 718 GT4, and some 991s I have been shopping I find I think they are more than fast enough and the GTC4Lusso like the Panamera feels almost "too fast" in some ways. Love the steering feel of the GTs especially the 992, and have gotten used to the higher road noise and rougher ride as a trade off.

For what it's worth I tried living with the Roma as well as a Panamera alternative, NOT a 911 alternative, and it also feels more alive than Panamera to me and the electronics didn't bother me. In fact the rear cam may have the best res of any I've seen. Handling was definitely better than the GTC and the rear end constantly was breaking loose in a fun but controlled way. But just didn't enjoy it vs. GT cars now, "too" fast and I didn't enjoy the exhaust note as much.

Despite the difference in handling/weigh of it though I think I'd take the GTC as a better sporty cruiser over Panamera or Roma.
Have you fixed the PTU?
Old Today, 12:59 AM
bgpman
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Have you fixed the PTU?
I got it pre-owned this year, still under Power15, on which it will stay as long as it can. If I keep it longer term I might get the folks in England who do the PTU upgrades to do so. Have only driven it a couple thousand miles and no issues so far.

I did think the PTU might have been behind some of the front-end floatiness coming off throttle that I don't love.

But I don't think so based on (limited) testing -

A Lusso T I tried didn't have that issue, but also wasn't really as exciting to drive overall.

But a couple F12s (not TDF!) I tried did have the issue - just much less. And I feel it (though less than in the Lusso V12) in the Purosangue.

So for now I'm thinking that first evidence is that the PTU isn't causing the feeling I don't like as much in the Lusso V12.

I may investigate more later this year though but likely not in the next couple months unless I find some folks interested in swapping rides in the PNW (the GTC lives at Drivers Club).

Quick Reply: Comparing GT3 vs GTC4 Lusso