Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: OEM GT2 Carbon Bucket Seats; Alcantara + Pepita (x2); Truly Excellent Condition!

For Sale

Interior/Upholstery

06-10-2024, 01:12 PM | Replies: 42 | Views: 3397
  • Interior/Upholstery - FS: OEM GT2 Carbon Bucket Seats; Alcantara + Pepita (x2); Truly Excellent Condition! - Used - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
    Sold
  • Interior/Upholstery - FS: OEM GT2 Carbon Bucket Seats; Alcantara + Pepita (x2); Truly Excellent Condition! - Used - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $19,800
    • OBO
  • Location Newport Beach, CA, 92660, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

Sold my beloved 997.2 GT3 (never, ever, thought I'd be typing these words), and these beautiful OEM GT2 Carbon Bucket Seats (folding) are now up for grabs. 

Details:

• They are in truly excellent condition, with very minor signs of wear. Most leather bolsters are like-new. There might be very faint signs of light wear on the driver side bolster, but from two feet away, everything looks essentially new. 

• These seats have never been abused, or even used hard. They aren’t restored examples. They are well cared for examples, ready for their next adventure. 

• Black leather with the factory gray stitching.

• The leather has always been well maintained. You can see in the photos how "well nourished" the leather is.

• The OEM Alcantara inserts are in near new condition. 

• The Pepita inserts are made from true OEM Porsche Classic fabric (not the modern synthetic Pepita material). The white/black/green set is the same fabric seen in modern Ruf cars. It's absolutely beautiful.

• The white/black Pepita inserts are also made from OEM Porsche Classic fabric. These inserts are 100% unused. I had not even had a chance to fit them to the seats. 100% new.

• Zero issues with the carbon fiber. I maintained the CF with Menzerna, and it all looks brand new. 

• Local SoCal pick-up preferred, but shipping at buyer's actual cost, possible. (If electing to have them shipped, please allow a couple of days for me to wrap them up and box them up, securely. Thx.) 

• CONUS only, for these. 

• Please do your own research. I understand people have installed these seats in their 991.1 and 991.2 cars. These seats definitely fit newer cars, hardware wise; it likely will come down to some minor harness adjustments/modifications. For my 997.2 GT3, these were plug-and-play. No issues whatsoever. 

Asking $19,800 for seats with all three sets of inserts. Payment via PayPal or bank wire. (I will eat the fees for PP.)

Additional notes:

• I am only looking to deal with fellow established RL members. It's nothing personal, but I am not interested in dealing with brand new members who "signed up just to talk to me." We all have to protect ourselves, these days, and I am electing to only deal with known forum members, in good standing.

• Buyers with references strongly preferred. 

Thanks for your consideration.
Thank you, RL. 

Last edited by Ten Years; 06-10-2024 at 02:53 PM. Reply
Old 06-10-2024, 04:18 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

GLWS! Wish I had the cash!
The following users liked this post:
Ten Years (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 05:06 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
GLWS! Wish I had the cash!
I wish I could afford to keep them around, even without a car to fit them in. They’re works of art in their own right!

Last edited by Ten Years; 06-10-2024 at 05:37 PM.
Hella-Buggin' (06-12-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 08:19 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow, these look great.
Ten Years (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 09:33 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kingerm
Wow, these look great.
Thank you.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:57 PM
treb997T
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dream seats but damn.
Old 06-10-2024, 11:12 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

I still remember the days when new ones could be had for $10k... Gorgeous seats BUMP for you. I assume they are all plug N play to play nice with airbag system etc?
Old 06-10-2024, 11:56 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joec500
I still remember the days when new ones could be had for $10k... Gorgeous seats BUMP for you. I assume they are all plug N play to play nice with airbag system etc?
As explained above, they are 100% plug and play, with 997.2. (I assume 997.1 as well.) As you likely know, members here have also installed them in their 991.1 and 991.2 cars with minimal to moderate effort. Anyone interested should do their own due diligence and research. Thanks for the bump.

Last edited by Ten Years; 06-10-2024 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2024, 11:59 PM
cphelps
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
As explained above, they are 100% plug and play, with 997.2. (I assume 997.1 as well.) As you likely know, members here have also installed them in their 991.1 and 991.2 cars with minimal to moderate effort. Anyone interested should do their own due diligence and research. Thanks for the bump.
I run these in my 997.1 GT3RS - they are plug and play. If you decide to sell the inserts with the green separately please let me know.
Ten Years (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 12:05 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cphelps
I run these in my 997.1 GT3RS - they are plug and play. If you decide to sell the inserts with the green separately please let me know.
Believe it or not, a line is already forming for the inserts. You’re second in line for the green. If someone buys the seats without the inserts, I will let everyone know, in the order of messages received. Thanks for your consideration. Beautiful car!
Old 06-11-2024, 12:46 AM
SPYROZ
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Would you consider selling the insert? or can you tell me where did you got it from? Thanks, I have the same seats. GLWTS!
Old 06-11-2024, 01:34 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SPYROZ
Would you consider selling the insert? or can you tell me where did you got it from? Thanks, I have the same seats. GLWTS!
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread already, I wish to sell them with the seats. If someone buys the seats without buying the inserts, I will let everyone know, in the order I hear from them. You have a few people ahead of you as of now. Again, I’m hoping to sell them with the seats. The fabric I sourced from Porsche Classic, I believe. Both are genuine OEM Porsche wool. I believe Relicate sells the fabric now as well. There are a few people producing these covers now. I’ll leave you to decide who you want to go with. Mine were made through Eddie. They’re perfect. 👍🏻
Old 06-11-2024, 09:33 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 06-11-2024, 12:31 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts

Very nice indeed. GLWS. These can be installed in any modern Porsche with full airbag functionality and no coding, just need the wiring harness setup accordingly. Do these have the heated inserts?
Old 06-11-2024, 12:40 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbracerx
Very nice indeed. GLWS. These can be installed in any modern Porsche with full airbag functionality and no coding, just need the wiring harness setup accordingly. Do these have the heated inserts?

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

No heating element, as far as I know! I was the second owner of the car. The car had these installed shortly before I bought it. I never once tried to turn on the heated seats, from the dash, because GT3. ;-) I'm going to say they do not have them.

Last edited by Ten Years; 06-11-2024 at 12:53 PM.