Sponsored by:

What type of scanner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 06:36 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 148 Posts
Default What type of scanner

I have a base 17 Carrera and would like to change the boost gauge readout limit. I have a tune and but the gauge will only show 15psi max and I now the tunes boost is much higher than that. Is there a scanner that will change the boost gauge psi limit?
Old 05-26-2024, 06:58 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 278 Posts

Thinkdiag magic.

$100.

I used it for the following, May have forgotten 1 or 2 other things.

Raised boost level reading to 23 psi, mine tops out at 21/22psi.
Water temps read real.
Turn signal blinks 5x vs 3x.
Tear drop function turned on for wipers.
Brake lights flash under moderate braking.
Auto start stop set to last used (off in my case).

The following users liked this post:
IXLR8 (05-28-2024)
Old Today, 12:06 AM
DR911s
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Impressive features for that low cost. But those who don't have an Android device tablet or cell phone will need to acquire one and thus add that to the cost.
Also, doesn't the ThinkDiag require an active connection to their database, e.g. via WiFi or cell phone to the internet? Where my house and garage and car are located, that's not likely to exist or when existing not a strong enough and reliable enough signal.
Old Today, 12:20 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 907 Likes on 451 Posts

I bought a thinkdiag to do this and much more. Sadly I don’t have an android device my my brand new Thinkdiag has never been taken out of its packaging. Would love a good recommendation for a new, inexpensive android device that would work easily with it.
Old Today, 01:14 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by DR911s
Impressive features for that low cost. But those who don't have an Android device tablet or cell phone will need to acquire one and thus add that to the cost.
Also, doesn't the ThinkDiag require an active connection to their database, e.g. via WiFi or cell phone to the internet? Where my house and garage and car are located, that's not likely to exist or when existing not a strong enough and reliable enough signal.
Not sure if actively links to a database, but i do know I downloaded data without being hooked to it for Porsche, BMW and MB.

And have used it on my MB and BMW for maintenance needs, such as retracting thr parking brake when doing rear brakes on the BMW.

The OBD device links to your Android device when programming or using it. Not sure if it goes to the database in the mother ship.

I no longer use a Foxwell 510 that I had for simple maintenance on the BMW.

Definitely paid for itself and if you still need and Android device it will still pay for itself.

Quick Reply: What type of scanner