Sponsored by:

Looking for PIWIS3 Coder in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 05:59 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Looking for PIWIS3 Coder in DFW

My needs are very simple. I am looking for someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that has and knows PIWIS3 that could perform a configuration for me. Ideally, I would like the light bar between my 3 rear tail lights to always be on when the DRL portion is on during daytime running. Any other suggestions for simple configurations could also be configured. I am willing to pay for this service. I have no desire to purchase the software and then spend the time learning it as my needs are really simple ones.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:54 PM
GTSilverC4S
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jdrake
My needs are very simple. I am looking for someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that has and knows PIWIS3 that could perform a configuration for me. Ideally, I would like the light bar between my 3 rear tail lights to always be on when the DRL portion is on during daytime running. Any other suggestions for simple configurations could also be configured. I am willing to pay for this service. I have no desire to purchase the software and then spend the time learning it as my needs are really simple ones.

I would love some coding in the North Atlanta area as well.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:55 PM
GTSilverC4S
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jdrake

I would love some coding in the North Atlanta area as well. 2020 C4S.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:34 PM
anjizkit
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 89 Posts

keep me posted too.. am in DFW area, coding not in the works for the 992, but you never know
Old 07-01-2024, 01:41 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anjizkit
keep me posted too.. am in DFW area, coding not in the works for the 992, but you never know
Originally Posted by GTSilverC4S
I would love some coding in the North Atlanta area as well. 2020 C4S.
I came into contact with 718socal and he remotely coded my 992.1 this past weekend. The process is very simple. You need a laptop connected to the Internet, that can recognize a USB device. He sends the USB device and cables for you to use and then return. It is best if you have a battery tender that can keep your battery at 14.7 volts at 100 amps. In that manner, there are no power issues while he does the programming. The changes were made, any pre-existing error codes analyzed and removed (if wanted), and then finished. Highly recommended for those who do not want to do this themselves.

For those of you that have the Matrix LED headlamps, he can activate the advanced features of those headlights. I have mine activated and those headlamps are a GAME CHANGER! Many people discount the importance of headlights (like my wife) but once you see how the Matrix LEDs light up the road at night and respond to road conditions and traffic, you will be amazed and glad that $3,000 option finally works as designed.
The following users liked this post:
718socal (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 01:55 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 908 Likes on 504 Posts

A 100 amp battery charger?
Old 07-01-2024, 01:59 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nyca
A 100 amp battery charger?
I was told that 100 AMP is best for the 992.1 with the Lithium battery. During coding the ignition has to be turned all the way on so there is a lot of possible battery drain. I can't remark on the 75 AMP ones, but I've seen them suggested in other threads. The 100 AMP battery tender I got off Amazon has a 14.7 volt setting for programming and a 13.8 (?) setting for charging drained batteries.

Last edited by jdrake; 07-01-2024 at 02:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
718socal (07-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Looking for PIWIS3 Coder in DFW