958/957 compatability?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 12:35 AM
ViolaGT3
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 958/957 compatability?

Hi all,
Looking into some parts and wondering if anyone knows if the following 958 parts merry with 957's. Sport steering wheel(3spoke round center), side mirrors, keyfob(I like the slender style).
TIA!
Old 05-03-2024, 01:51 AM
BobcatBrian
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ViolaGT3
Hi all,
Looking into some parts and wondering if anyone knows if the following 958 parts merry with 957's. Sport steering wheel(3spoke round center), side mirrors, keyfob(I like the slender style).
TIA!
I’m not certain, but all are difficult if not impossible. The steering wheel, maybe, but you’d likely need an emulator. I seriously doubt the side mirrors (totally different body style). The key fob is possible, but it might have to be an aftermarket clone, if such a thing exists.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:47 AM
ViolaGT3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BobcatBrian
I’m not certain, but all are difficult if not impossible. The steering wheel, maybe, but you’d likely need an emulator. I seriously doubt the side mirrors (totally different body style). The key fob is possible, but it might have to be an aftermarket clone, if such a thing exists.
Yea, thinking maybe someone has done the update thing with the steering wheel and could tell me if a module could make it work. With the mirrors its more of a retro-fit thing to get blind spot and turn signals, Lastly the fob, hoping as I see a lot of 10'-18/11'-18 ish stuff hoping some modules carried over. Oddly can't seem to find much on retro-fitting 957's.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by ViolaGT3; 05-03-2024 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 04:06 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ViolaGT3
... Oddly can't seem to find much on retro-fitting 957's.

Thanks for the response.
Yea, that's because there isn't much indeed. Front lower control arms bolt right in (958 had aluminum vs cast iron for 955/7). Tow module is same. That may be it.
Electrical architecture is almost completely different.
Blind spot mirrors are not just the mirrors. You'd also need the sensors (I believe they're in the rear bumper), the control module, and the wiring to connect them all.
Steering wheel - someone asked similar question few months back, they wanted to bolt in a Boxter (cockster?) wheel or something. There may be a company that makes an adapter to get it to work, but it's like $700 or something stoooopid like that, plus the cost of the wheel itself.

Good luck!
Old 05-05-2024, 12:16 AM
ViolaGT3
Intermediate

Yea, I am betting there is a bit to it for sure, I did a few cool updates on my different 911's. Was wondering if maybe the newer mirror hoising with turn signals could be grafted to the 957 stalk, along with any other fun upgrades, I am not against the look of the 957 wheel, just like some of the different styles from later models etc. I appreciate the good word. I will find fun and cool mods to do. I of course will document any I tackle.

Quick Reply: 958/957 compatability?