Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member and a New to Me 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 03:19 PM
demon_speeding
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Member and a New to Me 997.1

Good Afternoon Everyone -
New member here. I recently picked up a 2005 997.1 Carrera (base). I'm a long time fan, and driver of classics. My daily driver was a (is?) an old Ford Bronco. I recently built up a 408 stroker motor for it and installed it, but a faulty part destroyed the engine. It's currently on life support and I'm debating on whether or not I want to put the work into doing all the work over again. With the Bronco in limbo I needed a different car to drive. I have a motorcycle, but weather doesn't permit me to drive it every day. I've been hunting for a 911 for a while and came across one that I managed to negotiate a good deal on.

It's an '05 black on black base Carrera, no PASM, 19 inch lobster fork wheels, manual sport seats, 6 speed MT, coupe. I wanted something with limited accessories and a more raw driving experience. This suits my needs quite well. I had a PPI done on it and the dealership came back with a few things that they didn't have records for like a recent oil change, plugs/coils, and transmission service. They mentioned that there was some weeping on the front struts, but otherwise it checked out well.

It goes in for a bore scope on Wednesday. It'll also get all new coils, plugs, fluids all the way around, and a general checkup by an independent. The IMS was replaced about 30K miles ago, along with the clutch and throw out bearing. I have records for all of the other major services and it appears to be pretty healthy.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forums and getting in some DIY time on the new ride. I'm more than familiar with turning a wrench, but this will be a bit of a learning curve for me, the 3.6 is a little different than a 351W turned into a 408.

It's a pleasure to meet everyone and I'll be chatting with everyone soon.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:47 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 171 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-29-2024, 03:55 PM
demon_speeding
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you! It's good to be part of the family. It's a totally different experience than a 40 year old Bronco!
Old 04-29-2024, 08:39 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 278 Posts

Nice, enjoy!

Quick Reply: New Member and a New to Me 997.1