Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 08:06 PM
WellWell
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOMSKI vs WEVO COUPLER ???

Hello

The 86 has a sloppy coupler.

Definitely decided to get a precision coupler either the Wevo or Stomski (the JD West is the Stomski).

After this modification, I will look at the shifter as the bushings and factory short shifter are already updated.

I would like to hear user reviews of both these manufactures, along with any notable details.
BTW This is not a race car, but I can discern small differences in parts and settings

thanks

H2
Old 04-19-2024, 08:56 AM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

None of these cars are exactly the same in feel and touch with regard to shifting etc.. I've owned and worked on enough of them to know.
You can't go wrong with either as they're both excellent quality units.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:38 PM
Darkly-Noon
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to have a 1980 Targa. I replaced the stock coupler with the Wevo unit and was quite happy with it, once adjusted. It made a big improvement to ease of shifting. The next year I got the Wevo shifter, mainly to get the spring centering feature. I liked it too, but thought it was rather expensive for what I got. The centering springs they supply with it are quite stiff, ok for track use, but not great for street driving. I replaced them with lighter springs and was happier with that. Other owners I know got the Seine Systems kit to add spring centering, and there are other options for that, too
Old 04-20-2024, 01:40 PM
Dr. 914
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 121 Posts
Default shift coupler bushings

just replace the two coupler bushings with the 911 factory short shift type, (same as the ones installed on the 914) will fix you right up cheaply

Originally Posted by WellWell
Hello

The 86 has a sloppy coupler.

Definitely decided to get a precision coupler either the Wevo or Stomski (the JD West is the Stomski).

just replace the two coupler bushings with the 911 factory short shift type, (same as the ones installed on the 914) will fix you right up cheaply

After this modification, I will look at the shifter as the bushings and factory short shifter are already updated.

I would like to hear user reviews of both these manufactures, along with any notable details.
BTW This is not a race car, but I can discern small differences in parts and settings

thanks

H2
Old 04-20-2024, 08:28 PM
WellWell
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

So far so good. I'll keep an eye out for more feedback

Quick Reply: STOMSKI vs WEVO COUPLER ???