Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Add Deviated Stitching to the Exclusive Manufaktur Two Tone Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 11:37 AM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 339 Posts
Default Anyone Add Deviated Stitching to the Exclusive Manufaktur Two Tone Interior?

Anyone add Deviated Stitching to the Exclusive Manufaktur Two Tone Interior?

I have the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior (Black over Cohiba) in my build (Gentian Blue Exterior). While this option comes with the Cohiba Stitching on the Black Leather, I would like to get Contrasting Stitching on the seats. The only way to do this is to add (as in PAY more $$) the Deviated Stitching Option and go with a "Chalk" or light colored stitching that would contrast both the Black & Cohiba leather. Has anyone done this? Any Pics? Thoughts?

EM Interior Black over Cohiba

Old 01-18-2024, 04:01 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Anyone add Deviated Stitching to the Exclusive Manufaktur Two Tone Interior?

I have the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior (Black over Cohiba) in my build (Gentian Blue Exterior). While this option comes with the Cohiba Stitching on the Black Leather, I would like to get Contrasting Stitching on the seats. The only way to do this is to add (as in PAY more $$) the Deviated Stitching Option and go with a "Chalk" or light colored stitching that would contrast both the Black & Cohiba leather. Has anyone done this? Any Pics? Thoughts?

EM Interior Black over Cohiba

I've seen it done. But be careful, more than two colors in the interior may not work - too busy.
Just this past week saw a Guards Red 992 Touring with EM Cream interior, lovely, BUT it had deviated Guards Red stitching, I thought it too much (black, cream and then red too)!
Old 01-18-2024, 06:35 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

I hear you regarding too many colors and ensuring they coordinate. That's why I am asking for any pictures as an example. The Porsche Configurator no longer shows the deviated stitching colors, so it's hard to visualize.... Here is a Heritage Option Black over Congac with deviated Chalk Stitching. I have to look past the Seat Center and imagine just the Chalk Stitching.... I have tried (poorly) to cut and paste the Cohiba seat centers into this image to get an idea..... Yet I am not good with doing this.

Old 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
Akara1
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 21 Posts

I did it on mine. I did EM graphite blue with cohiba brown and GT silver stitching. Totally worth it IMO, the stitching really makes the interior feel more special.

Last edited by Akara1; 01-19-2024 at 05:09 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Akara1:
981KMAN (01-19-2024), cptcolo0 (06-29-2024), Dicecal (05-09-2024), Jeff Whitten (01-19-2024), NEH51 (04-11-2024), PHX (01-19-2024), RolandT (05-09-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-19-2024, 05:27 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Akara1
I did it on mine. I did EM graphite blue with Cohiba brown and GT silver stitching. Totally worth it IMO, the stitching really makes the interior feel more special.
Many Thanks for the pictures. I agree that the deviated Stitching in contrasting color on the Seats & Doors really adds to the Interior.

I am not sure on the best color of the Deviated Stitching to go with a Gentian Blue Exterior, Black over Cohiba EM Interior?? The GT Silver is a safe option that would look nice, yet I am toying with Speed Yellow to add some flair.... or maybe not.... The issue I have is none of the Porsche Dealers have samples of the Speed Yellow Thread that I could lay over the Cohiba Brown sample, next to the Black. Yellow goes great with Black and Brown, so it should work, yet I want to see it first to make sure.......

Thanks again for your pictures!!
The following 3 users liked this post by 981KMAN:
Akara1 (01-19-2024), NEH51 (04-11-2024), wdr911 (06-30-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 05:58 PM
Akara1
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 21 Posts

Many Thanks for the pictures. I agree that the deviated Stitching in contrasting color on the Seats & Doors really adds to the Interior.

I am not sure on the best color of the Deviated Stitching to go with a Gentian Blue Exterior, Black over Cohiba EM Interior?? The GT Silver is a safe option that would look nice, yet I am toying with Speed Yellow to add some flair.... or maybe not.... The issue I have is none of the Porsche Dealers have samples of the Speed Yellow Thread that I could lay over the Cohiba Brown sample, next to the Black. Yellow goes great with Black and Brown, so it should work, yet I want to see it first to make sure.......

I personally wouldn't do the yellow stitching with the Cohiba brown but there's a reason why Porsche offers so many choices; we all have different taste. . The subtle and safe stitching colors still make a significant visual impact.
The following users liked this post:
Boucherom (01-19-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 10:33 AM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Akara1
I personally wouldn't do the yellow stitching with the Cohiba brown but there's a reason why Porsche offers so many choices; we all have different taste. . The subtle and safe stitching colors still make a significant visual impact.
I hear you and don't disagree...... I have an artist friend who says Blues & Yellow go well with both Brown & Black, so that is why I am exploring stitching options. I fully agree that a GT Silver or Chalk would be a good looking and Safe color choice for the deviated stitching. Just seems, well.... common.... I would like it if they still offer the Cream color stitching.

Any more pictures out there of Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior with Deviated Stitching??

Akara1 (01-21-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 11:54 AM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

Dang, I didn't know that that was possible at the time I ordered. I have the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior with Slate Grey/Chalk, and I wanted the reverse Slate Grey contrast stitching on the Chalk seats and door panels. I know you don't usually see lighter color leather with darker contrast stitching but I would have definitely considered it if I knew it was possible.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:32 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

@981KMAN eaee let us know what you end up deciding.

I’m kicking around the idea of doing something similar. Ice grey external Turbo with red brake calipers and red Porsche logo. Interior EM Graphite blue with cohiba….but red contrast stitching and possibly seatbelts. I love the concept….but have serious reservations until I see what it would look like.
I know graphite goes beautifully with IGM.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:42 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

This GT3 might be have cognac EM rather than cohiba, and I'm not sure on the stitch color, but it looks awesome. I'd say GT silver, pebble grey or chalk would all look great with the brown leather. I agree, the full contrast stitch on EM looks amazing. Do it.

981KMAN (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 05:46 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

@NEH51 Well, the total cost calculator finally kicked it and I did not add any additional deviated stitching to my Exclusive Manufaktur Interior of Black over Cohiba Brown.

The Cohiba Brown Stitching looks good on the Black Leather and adds enough "splash" that I am happy with it as is. And as some other Rennlisters have suggested - Too Many different colors can be an issue.

NEH51 (04-11-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 09:30 PM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Just got an allocation for a Turbo S that locks in June, I’m doing Agate Grey with Cohiba and also want to add deviated stitching. What stitching would be closest to Agate grey? Chalk, GT silver, pebble grey or slate gray?

or are they all close enough won’t matter much? Trying to decide on the finer details…thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-2024, 11:23 PM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

For anyone trying to decide on colors, my SA provided me with these examples:

Stich colors from top to bottom: Chalk, Pebble Grey, GT silver…. They all seem pretty close.

Seat belts:

Chalk on the left, looks like it has plenty of grey. So with his recommendation just going with Chalk stitch and seat belts.
NEH51 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 03:23 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

If I had my build to do all over again, either another Gentian Blue or a Chalk with the EM interior in Black with Chalk seats, then add the deviated stitching in Guards Red along with Guards Red Seat Belts and and Red Tach.

I think I have seen something close to it once here on the boards on a convertible.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:07 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear you and don't disagree...... I have an artist friend who says Blues & Yellow go well with both Brown & Black, so that is why I am exploring stitching options. I fully agree that a GT Silver or Chalk would be a good looking and Safe color choice for the deviated stitching. Just seems, well.... common.... I would like it if they still offer the Cream color stitching.

Any more pictures out there of Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior with Deviated Stitching??

what did you ever decide on? I’m now conflicted with the same position. Is there a big diffrrrnce between chalk and GT silver stitching?
my expterior would be GT silver and my interior Bordeaux red Or cognac or Cohn’s brown?

Quick Reply: Anyone Add Deviated Stitching to the Exclusive Manufaktur Two Tone Interior?