Sponsored by:

Porsche Travel Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 04:14 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Porsche Travel Experience

I didn't know where to post this. Maybe the Moderator could move it to the correct forum.

Has anyone tried the Porsche Travel tours? I'm interested in the Norway, Croatia tours.

https://experience.porsche.com/en/tr...scheExperience
Old 01-19-2022, 09:54 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

I've done an Alpine Porsche Travel Experience but it was with the 918 Porsche Circle. The driving for the alpine event was very intense and just a blast especially in a Turbo S. Accommodations were great and organization to get from place to place were excellent. I have not been to Norway or Croatia with the Porsche group but I'm sure it would be great. They have a well planned itinerary that allowed my wife and I to just have a nice relaxing evening after a full day of driving. I highly recommend.

The following users liked this post:
n2cars (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 12:19 AM
shahrukh_bakar
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 52 Posts

What a coincidence, I was just looking into Porsche Travel Experience. How fun is the driving? It seemed like there was a walk-in-talkie in every car and it was a close lead-follow situation? Do you actually drive fast or is it more just a relaxed cruise? What’s the point of going in a Porsche if all you do is putter around following someone? Can someone comment on the driving experiences?
Old 01-22-2022, 09:13 PM
tims16m
Racer

The Alpine driving is excellent. Fast up in the mountain passes, speed limit through the villages. sometimes traffic can be a problem. Having some experience sport or track driving would be helpful just to understand what the car does under hard braking and acceleration especially in the switchbacks. There is a Porsche lead driver that sets the pace and gives warnings via walkie-talkie. The Porsche Colorado drive is more sedate compared to the European drives, but still enjoyable.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:38 PM
Andi
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
The Alpine driving is excellent. Fast up in the mountain passes, speed limit through the villages. sometimes traffic can be a problem. Having some experience sport or track driving would be helpful just to understand what the car does under hard braking and acceleration especially in the switchbacks. There is a Porsche lead driver that sets the pace and gives warnings via walkie-talkie. The Porsche Colorado drive is more sedate compared to the European drives, but still enjoyable.
I’m considering doing one of the euro ones. I go every year and drive the Swiss/Tyrol passes on my own so this seems interesting.

Are the convoys annoyingly slow? Or are you split into slow and ***** to the wall groups?
Old 01-22-2022, 11:16 PM
718spyder
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I looked into the Porsche Travel Experience, Alpine Performance 6 nights , 5 days driving. Cost $18000 US per couple 😮💸💸💸 , I am not poor but you can hire a 911 thru Porsche Drive for $2200 US , $16000 leaves a lot for accommodation and dinning fuel and shopping for the wife
Old 01-22-2022, 11:22 PM
Andi
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 718spyder
I looked into the Porsche Travel Experience, Alpine Performance 6 nights , 5 days driving. Cost $18000 US per couple 😮💸💸💸 , I am not poor but you can hire a 911 thru Porsche Drive for $2200 US , $16000 leaves a lot for accommodation and dinning fuel and shopping for the wife
Porsche Drive?
Old 01-22-2022, 11:24 PM
718spyder
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

https://customer.drive.porsche.com/germany/en
Old 01-23-2022, 02:55 AM
65ac408
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 718spyder
Reasonable considering the accommodations
Old 01-23-2022, 11:39 AM
tims16m
Racer

Not saying the trip is inexpensive in any manner. We had a an almost brand new Turbo S and "insurance", support staff to gas up and prep the cars every day, logistics team that picked up your luggage and took it to the next destination so you didn't have to huge load of luggage driving with you, accommodations in 5 star hotels every night, breakfast lunch and diner at some unique places. The drives were pretty intense, maybe 3 groups of 4 with a lead Porsche driver. Nice lunch break after 3hr drive then afternoon 3hr drive through the mountains to the next overnight destination. Most groups driving pretty fast some faster than others, a lot depended on road conditions and traffic. Its one of the most exciting driving experiences I've done with my wife, done it twice through different parts of the Alps and was going to go again until the COVID shut things down. Don't want to be a Porsche Ad tool but it was a blast. as Ferris Beuller would say "If you have the means I highly recommend it".
The following 7 users liked this post by tims16m:
65ac408 (01-23-2022), 718spyder (01-23-2022), AlexCeres (06-21-2022), CPTAmericaMV (01-24-2022), Finlander (06-21-2022), Riptide (07-15-2024), sting168 (08-13-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-14-2022, 06:42 PM
pairfkup
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you choose a car for long trips, you must initially pay attention to its capacity.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:17 PM
the911nerd
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are there any tours that cross over the autobahn (or even the nordschleife)? Would be a good experience to unleash a 911 in its natural habitat.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by the911nerd
Are there any tours that cross over the autobahn (or even the nordschleife)? Would be a good experience to unleash a 911 in its natural habitat.
no, if you want to drive on the 'Ring you need to join the Porsche Track Experience...

https://experience.porsche.com/en/tr...raining-venues

Last edited by Larry Cable; 06-15-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2022, 12:22 PM
pairfkup
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you choose a car for long trips, you must initially pay attention to its capacity. Therefore, before you choose a car, you should decide how many people will go on a trip and how much luggage you plan to take with you. It would help if you chose cars for traveling depending on the number of people. For a couple, you can prefer an SUV, and a family or company needs to consider minivans. But if an overnight stay for two is planned in a car, it is better to choose a comfortable minivan, not a small Porsche. Because for your wife to feel comfortable on the trip, you will have to at least take the best travel accessories for women.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
Not saying the trip is inexpensive in any manner. We had a an almost brand new Turbo S and "insurance", support staff to gas up and prep the cars every day, logistics team that picked up your luggage and took it to the next destination so you didn't have to huge load of luggage driving with you, accommodations in 5 star hotels every night, breakfast lunch and diner at some unique places. The drives were pretty intense, maybe 3 groups of 4 with a lead Porsche driver. Nice lunch break after 3hr drive then afternoon 3hr drive through the mountains to the next overnight destination. Most groups driving pretty fast some faster than others, a lot depended on road conditions and traffic. Its one of the most exciting driving experiences I've done with my wife, done it twice through different parts of the Alps and was going to go again until the COVID shut things down. Don't want to be a Porsche Ad tool but it was a blast. as Ferris Beuller would say "If you have the means I highly recommend it".
Originally Posted by pairfkup
If you choose a car for long trips, you must initially pay attention to its capacity. Therefore, before you choose a car, you should decide how many people will go on a trip and how much luggage you plan to take with you. It would help if you chose cars for traveling depending on the number of people. For a couple, you can prefer an SUV, and a family or company needs to consider minivans. But if an overnight stay for two is planned in a car, it is better to choose a comfortable minivan, not a small Porsche. Because for your wife to feel comfortable on the trip, you will have to at least take the best travel accessories for women.
@pairfkup you are aware that the thread is discussing the Porsche Travel Experience https://experience.porsche.com/en/tr...xperience-2022... hence most if not all of the CARS available are primarily 2-seaters or 2+2 ,718 or 911, (and are the motivation for taking such trips) only a very small number of itineraries include SUVs and NEVER minivans ... and as @tims16m points out luggage is handed separately

I also think some women may find your closing remarks derogatory and misognistic
The following 2 users liked this post by Larry Cable:
needmoregarage (06-19-2022), Webb_hkg (09-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche Travel Experience